original with 650 miles? what would you pay?

• Sponsors (?)

thats a killer looking car but i also would not put that much out for it BUT if i owned it i would without a second thought ask that kind of money for it.( how the hell do you have a fox and ALMOST never drive it?)

I can't see myself paying even half that but I don't have a collector's mentality. At the end of the day all I see is a stock 5.0 begging to be modded and driven (hard). Granted, I wouldn't be in a hurry to whore the thing out. Tighten up the chassis, gear, exhaust, maybe some Pony R's.

I guess it would depend on what you intended to do with it once you bought it. Keep it as a collector's item? Ruin what it is and drive the hell out of it?(what I would probably do) Look at it this way, if you went out and paid 20k for a new car... what would you wind up with? Last time I looked I think a base civic was around 20ish...

But then again, when those things were new there's nothing in the world I wanted more than a new shiny 5.0. If it were blue and had new car smell I could see it...maybe! :)

I think it's still too early to know if the Fox restoration craze is going to flair up and get big like the classics did/are. Still i think if you paid $25k for a car THAT clean, you wouldn't have a hard time getting your money back 20 years from now when that car is 40 years old.

If you spent $25k for a 650 mile '65 back in the mid '80s, it would've been a ton of money but look at what that car would be worth today.

friend of mines dad paid 10k for a white on white vert with like 30k on it. It wouldnt be out of the question if i was into collecting cars, but id take that thing out and rip the hell out of it so its out of my price range by a long shot.

AS mentioned, unless you are a car collector, this is a nice to look at, but pass on buying it. It may never bring a price high enough to recoup the money spent to purchase it.

The $21K price tag puts it out of reason if the intent was to buy and modify it. For that kind of money, you could buy a good 5.0 with no rust or dents, strip it bare and rebuild it with everything you want in a 5.0 Mustang. Paint, interior, suspension, engine, driveline could all be made WOW! with $17K-$19K carefully spent on improvements.

From someone who grew up back when those cars where the ones to have, all I can say is WOW! Makes me all itchy. I love it. But for that price...you could not drive it at all if you wanted to get what you have in it out. For about $15,000 it might be a good price. But I would drive it some. I'd have too.

Hell, I only have 71,000 on my 1999 and I think thats low.

-J

anyone who thinks fox body mustangs will be collectors items is nuts!

way too many of them made to ever be collectible. at 200,000, give or take, per year produced, you will be waiting till long after we are dead to call it "collectible".

nice car, for sure! collectors item....not a chance!

if any of them will ever be worth anything significant, it will be the 1993 cobra cars. (by significant, i mean worth more than 20 grand or so)

the fox cars are cheap, fast, reliable, easy to find parts for, easy to work on, fun, PLENTIFUL, cool etc..... but definitely NOT collectible.

anyone who thinks fox body mustangs will be collectors items is nuts!

way too many of them made to ever be collectible. at 200,000, give or take, per year produced, you will be waiting till long after we are dead to call it "collectible".

nice car, for sure! collectors item....not a chance!

if any of them will ever be worth anything significant, it will be the 1993 cobra cars. (by significant, i mean worth more than 20 grand or so)

the fox cars are cheap, fast, reliable, easy to find parts for, easy to work on, fun, PLENTIFUL, cool etc..... but definitely NOT collectible.

im going to have to say wrong on this one because out of the thousands made how many have less than 1k on them? this car will/is a collectable. the current bids reflects that