OT-I got another kid on the way

VibrantRedGT

"STANGNET'S PENGUIN SMACKER"
15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
Boca Raton, Florida
Yesterday was my birthday. A few minutes ago the wife and I did one of those home pregnancy test (99.9% accurate) and it came back positive. As a true gear head my concerns after I got done freaking out was I still get to finish the car at the end of the year. She says of course. Man, I'm skitzing out. My 5 year old boy has been praying about this for years. He nailed it. Hmm...maybe I should have him pray about 408, tubular k member, control arms, cc plates, tremec, cobra clip, cobra hood and a bunch of other goodies. I'm suppose to keep this hush, hush but I'm tripping right now and you guys are my friends so I couldn't resist.

• Sponsors (?)

:banana: :spot: :cheers: :D :nice:
JOE CONGRATS!!
I know the feeling and I am one of the lucky ones like you, I got to keep the car. :D My daughter has been the best thing to ever happen to me and I never knew the feeling of being a Father until it happend. I found out on New Year's that my wife was pregnant. I am very happy for you and I know you are on a real high right now so have a few beers on me :cheers:
I have lots of toys that are practically still new that are blocking up space in the house, garage, attic, closets and anywhere else I can put them. PM me your address and they are yours for shipping. Man they grow out of these things quick! :nice:

Zach, I was happy with one. He's my mini me.

Sleepy, he knows what all that stuff is. He's a Nascar freak so he knows about tight, free, loose and all that. I'm gonna let him set up my suspension. Most of you know about the pic below. We bought the green machine for his birthday. In that pic he told me "Daddy this thing is way too loose in the rear." You see those steel links connected to the turning levers, I tighten them up and added lock washers. Then he said "Daddy the front his way harsh and tight." So I took 3 psi out of the front tire.

joseph_green_machine.jpg

Here he his thinking of the future.
imag0130.jpg

VIPERn94Five-0 said:
CONGRATS JOE!!!....now you get a chance to raise ANOTHER gear head...its obvious you got it right the first time around

....and im with the rest of the guys...have little Joseph throw one in for my forged 331 with AFR heads :nice:

Anthony

Sure, I guess it couldn't hurt. He's got everything he's ever asked for. He asked for a Pocket bike for Christmas after he saw my test driving one last week. He's gonna get it too.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6722&item=2483041877&rd=1

VibrantRedGT said:
Sure, I guess it couldn't hurt. He's got everything he's ever asked for. He asked for a Pocket bike for Christmas after he saw my test driving one last week. He's gonna get it too.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6722&item=2483041877&rd=1
those things are great...they have a couple at Autozone in Poughkeepsie(where i live) a bunch of my buddies work there and sometimes at night we take em out in the parking lot...

Anthony

Congrats Joe. I will be in your shoes soon... my wife has the urge BIG TIME to start a family of our own... I've spoken to JR about it and my concerns of losing my mustang hobby. I'm so fearful of that, I feel selfish saying it, but tis the way I feel.

5.0_GT_kid said:
Congratulations man. I'm gonna go against the flow her and say have your boy pray for a safe and trouble free pregnacy, (although I wouldn't mind a set of gears and a intake :nice: ).

Your right, good call.

Ant, they are cheap so you have to maintain them before taken them out. My buddies motor came unbolted on the first day we rode it. So were retorqued every single bolt and used loctite. I'm talking every single bolt wasn't even tight.

Paul, we had a five year plan. So we were married for 5 years before we started. We travelled, bought a house, put money away and all that. I was like you and was even more selfish then ever. When he was born I that all went away. Now I spoil him instead of me. You will do the same.

VibrantRedGT said:
Ant, they are cheap so you have to maintain them before taken them out. My buddies motor came unbolted on the first day we rode it. So were retorqued every single bolt and used loctite. I'm talking every single bolt wasn't even tight.
damn....thats no good at all, were gonna have to check that before taking them out again....

...but before we get too off topic again congrats! :banana:

Anthony

Thats awesome Vib. I was actually thinking he would probably know alot about cars... it looks like he really digs them,and already understands them better than most grown ups. :nice:

Well, when he gets older you can "help" him build a nice jr. dragster. :D

so that has been you making all that noise late at night! i can hear it all the way over here at my place hehe, congratulations man, hope all the investments go through and everything works out according to plan, you deserve it