Over Heating, Pvc Valve , Crank No Start ! Help!

lxhatchdoug34

Jul 29, 2015
Hey all I am new to this forum I heard people get great answers here from a group of intelligent mustang owners ;)

Well I'm a new mustang owner I just bought this car and well I am not having a good experience so far .. I've owned a fox before but it has not been modified like this.

Okay to the mods are gt40 heads
Holley carb , edelbrock intake manifold, and stock t5

The problem I had when I first got it was that it was overheating and well one time when I was driving it it over heated and blew white smoke from the engine. To me 210 degrees is over heating.. Again not sure with this kind of set up . So yesterday I checked the coolant filled it up and no more over heating. But now the problem is could I have destroyed/ burned something in the motor?

Okay so I turn it over and it's running no over heating so I decide to go get gas bc I only have one tick mark to go.
I get to the gas station and I pumped 93 octane , again not sure if this makes a difference . So when I go to turn on the car it doesn't turn over. This was my first time getting gas. And well it made me feel as if I put the wrong gas. What could be the problem here.

I also tried to run a PVC on the motor bc it didn't have one when I got it and a buddy of mine said it was a lot healthier to run with one . I put it in the valve cover and connected it to the back of the carb. Is this correct ?
And I have one breather on the driver side valve cover.
When I crank the motor a puff of smoke comes out the breather hole. And it feels very hot but the gauge doesn't read like its overheating.

I really do want this car to work bc I at least wanted to go take it out on weekends. Can anyone shine some light on this. I would greatly appreciate it !

• Sponsors (?)

What year is the car?

Does the engine not turn over when you turn the key to start?
OR
Does the starter turn the engine properly but the engine does not fire off and run?

Well 210 degrees is a normal temp for summer..and the white smoke from the engine could be a coolant leak that sprayed on something hot like the header causing the smoke. Also do you have a pic of the motor because later model mustang did not come with a carb and you could have the wrong distributor. I have seen people running a tfi distributor with a carb and wonder why it won't run right when the engine gets up to normal temp.