Overheating, need recommendation

ACSPONY

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Oct 10, 2004
Ohio
I've searched the threads on here and the car is overheating when idling for long periods of time. The car is cool at highway speed so it looks like the fan clutch is the culprit. The fan doesn't spin too easily by hand when the car is cold, and it's the same when the car is shut off after it's been run. I am at school and don't have access to my normal tools so I was thinking the clutch replacement is something I could do in the parking lot, just by removing the fan shroud and the fan. Otherwise I would opt for an electric fan setup. Am I better off getting a Ford replacement from somewhere like 50Resto or going for the SSP fan clutch?

Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

No its been years, i can see if there is a part number tomorrow. Its easy to maybe 10 bolts total. Remove belt, loosen 4 attaching bolts on water pump, remove 2 shroud bolts and lift shroud and fan off together. Going to have to pull the fan out away from the water pump. Fits on there prettty tightly.

Maybe they used to sell the SSP but now they don't? Performance Parts Inc. does sell it though and I was going to get it from them. Your affirmation that it does the trick was enough, don't worry about finding the part number. Thanks for the help:nice: