Overwhelmed with build HELP!

stanger1993

Apr 18, 2005
Alright fellas I've had the ol stang on the back burner for a while now. Its a 1993 ssp that I've kept around for going on 11 years now (high school grad gift). I've racked up many miles 170k+ on the ticker and did all the usual upgrades..full exhaust, tremec tko, 3.73, pullys, cold air kit and what not..all small stuff. But after saving up over the last year or so i've managed to save enough money for what started as a h/c/i combo. But I quickly realized it was a dumb move for a well worn bottom end. So here I stand...with a full h/c/i kit consisting of ported/polished gt40 iron heads (non P), ported cobra intake, and e303 cam...I have all the other stuffs too such as timing chain, tb, mass air and what not. I've decided I'm gonna buy a 331 short block and a vortech s-trim and I would like to run 10 pounds of boost. Now my question is I have known some people who bought from M&R motorsports and they liked the product..I'm looking at :
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ALL-...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
Will this block be able to hold up to 10psi...I made sure of the forged internals but if its a stock block I dont know. I honestly dont know anything about blowers. I'm ready to spend the money but I dont wanna blow it up. I've been working with Powered by Ford in Orlando on the supercharger they said it should get me 11's and run 10 psi but I've forgotten to mention the block. They are setting me up with a S-trim and cooler for the fair price of $4600 tuned.
Please let me know if this is going to be too much on the block or if I'll be ok. I plan on getting the 14cc dish pistons. I need help here fellas...If someone with supercharger knowledge could step up please help me out. I cant keep going to Orlando for advice lol. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

They are setting me up with a S-trim and cooler for the fair price of $4600 tuned

Take your money and run as far away from that shop as you can. Pick up a used S trim on the corral classifieds, install it yourself, fab up a VS racing I/C with an ebay cold side kit, and have it tuned.

Thanks for the help guys. I hadnt really thought about a 351 based setup. I'm out of date on quite a bit of stuff...If I can use all my new parts on a 351 I dont see why i shouldnt do it. Is all the timing chain/gears, pushrods, fuel rails/injectors and so on all the same for the 351 as the 302? I have everything needed sitting here except for some gaskets. I only really know 302's so I was just gonna stick to that. I know most parts are interchangable between the two but I dont really wanna dump a ton on little stuff for the swap. What kind of stuff is needed?
Thats a great idea with the supercharger/Intercooler. I'd look into getting something used but I dont know much about them. How do you tell if it needs rebuilt? I was gonna buy one new and let them throw it in because its something I've never done before. It doesnt look too tough but then again I dont have anyone around thats ran a blower before to help me out. I'll look into it though. But overall the stock block from coast shouldnt blow apart under 10 pounds of boost? The heads are 65cc so the compression with dish pistons should be fairly low so I thought it would be fine but I wasnt sure. Thanks for the help. Anymore advice would be greatly appreciated.