p1443 code ???

• Sponsors (?)

bert96 said:
I got a mustang gt 1996,and i always got this code p1443,what is it? and what do i do to fix the problem?:shrug:

it's for the purge flow sensor voltage. the purge flow sensor voltage is part of the evap emmisions system.

ford pc/ed 1996 said:
Continuous Memory Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) P1443 indicates an incorrect evaporative system purge control valve flow.

Possible causes:

Obstructed, open or cracked hoses between EVAP canister purge valve and intake manifold.
Damaged EVAP canister purge valve.
Damaged PF sensor.

i am trying to help somebody with a p1445 code in another thread right now. look for obvious signs of damage to the evap tubes and other parts then get back to me.

bert96 said:
I got a mustang gt 1996,and i always got this code p1443,what is it? and what do i do to fix the problem?:shrug:

As SVTtech suggests, check all the vacuum lines first to make sure they are all connected and there are no obstructions, cracks or sharp bends. If the code comes back you may need to change these:
1)Part# E6ZZ-9C915-A :It's the small plastic valve on a vacuum hose directly behind the TB against the firewall
2)Part# F57Z-14A606-BA: This is a metalic cylinder with a connector on one end and a T on the other. Make sure you put the vacuum line on the right side as flow direction does matter. This one is located under the AC Canister on the same line as the first valve.

Hope this helps. Takes like 5-10 min to do

I bought these parts this week,first the part E6ZZ-9C915-A have been replace by CX1158,my dealer(i live in Quebec) ask me $179.00CAD + TAX for this part! ouch!!
i took this part at RockAuto.com instead $37.79US,a good economy! even with the exchange $
for now i did not install these parts so i can't say if my CEL will come off.

thanks again guys for your help.:nice: