Painted Lines on the top of hood, trunk, and roof

chorpeac

Sep 29, 2004
Ok so I have seen those painted racing lines on a lot of pictures. I really wish I could have gotten that as an option from the factory....but oh well.

I really want the lines, how should I get them done?

• Sponsors (?)

slegos888stang said:
they are a dealer installed option!
Yeah I think it is just striping on the lower door panels, and that's just for V6's right?

Ok so if I get them painted on from a shop, they can paint it on the car on top of the normal paint? Man, I have to get that done, it looks really good with those lines...

bikebaron said:
I agree! What color will car be and what color stripes?

I'm getting the Satin Silver, so I was thinking either white stripes or black...maybe dark blue.... :shrug:

The one I saw in MotorTrend had white stripes, and it looked good. Just like this one.
car%20show%20006.jpg

Enfynet said:
Those stripes are silver, not white. :)

... I'm getting black stripes on mineral grey. Haven't decided whether I want to go vinyl or paint though.

The car is silver. The stripes are too? They look white, but I suppose they could be a lighter silver.

chorpeac said:
The car is silver. The stripes are too? They look white, but I suppose they could be a lighter silver.

The car is Titanium (which is a darker, grayer silver) and the stripes are a light silver.

EDIT: Forgot to mention...Titanium is supposed to be available in 2006.

chorpeac said:
Hmm...only problem is that I am getting silver, not yellow.

Come on man, you can put pearl phantom stripes or flames on any color.
I saw a black 55 chevy once, walked past it and had to come back for a double take because of the dark cherry red phantom flames he had.

It's almost like the mystic chrome paint and you can only see it at certain angles.

If I get one (if the wife lets me get one) it'll be yellow and I'll have the stripes put on.

But don't hold your breath, I keep telling her I'm getting a new Lightning in 06.
She's like "Right, as soon as I have a new Vette". So I gotta start saving my change and collecting pop bottles to get her's first.