Partial Floor Pan

RUNNER67

Sep 27, 2009
High Altitude
Hey everyone -- On a 67 coupe, I'm facing replacement of the left front partial floor pan, possibly the whole left side, and I'm not sure of the best way to stabilize and keep the car perfectly square, level, and untwisted when I cut out the old section. I know my garage floor certainly isn't level. Also, would you recommend weld-through primer between the old & new metal? Lastly, continous weld or spot welds? Any advice would be appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

you can check out my cardomain... tons of pictures of the floors. For only the front portion or just the front, no support is necessary, especially if you are only doing the one side.

I jused spot welds on the floors and then a seam type weld on the seat supports. I finally did complete weld the 'seams' that were exposed, but that is the only portion.

Good luck and let us know

Great to know, Red5oh. And I visited your cardomain -- what a great car! I may have to do the cowl repair as well, so I'll revisit your site and and look closely at how you did it. I'm just now rolling around the bottom of the car, taking inventory of what needs to be done, discovering busted stuff I wasn't aware of, etc.