Parts Store Belt Tensioner

• Sponsors (?)

I ordered the '94-'95 tensioner from 5.0 Resto; part no. LRS-6B209B; $74.99 + $14.99 s&h. I didn't consider the auto parts store. The tensioner from 5.0 Resto is a Dayco tensioner, part number 89296; identical to the stock tensioner.

I ordered the '94-'95 tensioner from 5.0 Resto; part no. LRS-6B209B; $74.99 + $14.99 s&h. I didn't consider the auto parts store. The tensioner from 5.0 Resto is a Dayco tensioner, part number 89296; identical to the stock tensioner.

This is what I have. I installed it a few weeks ago after the OEM tensioner pin (locates the tensioner) broke.

i had mine polished, i had a stock one from ford and an aftermarket one. when i took them apart to polish, i found out that the actual ford ones are the only ones you can take apart and put back together. dayco and goodyear you cannot do that. so i ended up buying another one from the dealer.

As the other posts said advance sells the dayco brand which is who makes the OE part for ford. I've had one of the replacements on my car for the past four years without any problems.