Exhaust Passenger Side H Pipe To Header Bolt

thatone1320copcar

Oct 19, 2016
How??? how do you get this out. ive tried many combinations of swivels, extensions and sockets. nothing i try fits. i think whoever welded this back together was a little off on pipe bends? not sure but i litterally cant fit anything here, even tried an 18mm wrench. nothing fits in this space... i had to remove the o2 to get any kind of clearance and even that was a pita because the back end of the o2 was resting on the frame. any help is greatly appreciated . sorry for bad picture quality .

Attachments

• 20161030_223957.jpg
    20161030_223957.jpg
    467.8 KB · Views: 199
  • 20161030_223953.jpg
    20161030_223953.jpg
    374.9 KB · Views: 187
  • Sponsors (?)

Why is there a weld on that pipe?

Here is how I've always done it.
BP blaster!!
18mm(I thought it was 16 but havent had mine off in a while) deep well
swivel
long extension
Lots of arm strength or impact.

From the picture, looks like you'll need to apply some heat to it. A cheap torch from habor freight would work great. Also, you need to use a good swivel or you'll snap it. I snapped three cheap ones back in the day

Last edited:
Previous owner cut and welded "magnaflow high flow" cats on... but they are now clogged and causeing super excessive back pressure. i soaked in pb blaster, theres no room to get a deep 18mm on it, i can barely get a normal size 18mm and i cant even get the normal size all the way on....

Previous owner cut and welded "magnaflow high flow" cats on... but they are now clogged and causeing super excessive back pressure. i soaked in pb blaster, theres no room to get a deep 18mm on it, i can barely get a normal size 18mm and i cant even get the normal size all the way on....
There should be plenty of room for a socket unless the muffler shop heated and then bent the pipe. Or the car was in an accident and the "frame" has been twisted.

I've seen am issue like that. The car had convertible mounts made and it made it a pita. I suggest loosening the motor mounts and jacking the motor up. Makes life easier.

Consider that the motor mounts may be broken and that is allowing the motor to set lower in the K-member than normal. The Mustang is hard on motor mounts and I know from personal experience that when the motor mounts are broken the motor WILL set much lower in the K-member. The amount of drop is very dramatic when comparing the before to after.