Electrical Passenger Side Window Does Not Work

f8tlfiveo

My wife likes my spool and blow-off valve.
Aug 8, 2007
Lancaster, PA
Randomly the other day the electric window on the passenger side stopped working.. I pulled the door panel off to see if the motor was blown or what the cause could have been. The wires that the switch popped out of the plastic piece that was holding them together. So now I have a bunch of wires I do not know where they go.. I found this on the forum
b5493b77b08a174c4c750ddf15f07155.jpg

I think I had it hooked up correctly but the window did not move..
I did put power directly to the motor, I got it to go up and down.

The pink wire has 12v all the time
The red/black has power when the switch on the driver side is pressed, same with the yellow/black... is their no ground?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Sponsors (?)

Appears the black is ground. Motor is grounded to door through motor body. I have had motors that would work when jumped but not with the switch, I think there is a ground wire in the door wiring harness, can't remember for sure, just to clarify, do you have power all the way to the motor?

Appears the black is ground. Motor is grounded to door through motor body. I have had motors that would work when jumped but not with the switch, I think there is a ground wire in the door wiring harness, can't remember for sure, just to clarify, do you have power all the way to the motor?
When I was checking for power it was right before the switch, after I had wired it up I couldnt get the power to show up after the switch.. I think I had it wired up correctly.. I guess I can put it all back together and get some pictures of the wiring

Not sure but I think if it is wrong it will just run backwards. Up is down and so on. Jump the motor by passing the switch. If it works you know what you need
My doors were a learning experience, keep us posted, I am always interested if I actually helped.

Last edited:
Not sure but I think if it is wrong it will just run backwards. Up is down and so on. Jump the motor by passing the switch. If it works you know what you need
My doors were a learning experience, keep us posted, I am always interested if I actually helped.
Just hard wired around the switch, window goes up and down with driver side switch.. guess I need a new switch..

Sounds like you have the pins incorrect on the plug.

The ground jumps through the switch back to drivers side. So pink is always hot and turn you can see the various contacts back to the drivers dwitch
3b677fc60d25e353bc320ccc5307d986.jpg

I think you just need to find someone who has pass door open and see if they can snag a pin of where the wires go in plug

Other possibility is passenger switch is junk

Attachments

• 363b24b56710538ba32c0d27c58d1983.jpg
    363b24b56710538ba32c0d27c58d1983.jpg
    748.4 KB · Views: 143
  • 3406558a94861afc78ff9722a3ffd8a8.jpg
    3406558a94861afc78ff9722a3ffd8a8.jpg
    754 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
Just hard wired around the switch, window goes up and down with driver side switch.. guess I need a new switch..

I got a passenger side switch, comes with a free car. Shipping gonna be expensive. New one might be cheaper.
Seriously, hope that will fix it. Keep us posted.

I am trying to figure out the switch by checking continuity... I think I had it wired incorrectly.. this drawing shows where I had continuity with switch depressed
e479e01b4fe24e8ed5e415d51073fac5.jpg

Sounds like you have the pins incorrect on the plug.

The ground jumps through the switch back to drivers side. So pink is always hot and turn you can see the various contacts back to the drivers dwitch
3b677fc60d25e353bc320ccc5307d986.jpg

I think you just need to find someone who has pass door open and see if they can snag a pin of where the wires go in plug

Other possibility is passenger switch is junk
8b1fe5f88f21743952cab3717aab7cbb.jpg

Updated drawing, added the continuity without depressing.. as you can see I am not an electrician.. lol

b09dc12629186361fe361a025336719b.jpg

Here it is.... it's working now... both up and down from driver side, but just down on passenger side is working...[emoji848][emoji848][emoji848]

Had some of this on my 89. New switch on the drivers side did not work if installed too tight. Then, I was able to clean and fix the original. Left the new switch in and both windows now work. Much easier than later cars with modules to control this stuff.