Paxton vs. Vortech...

Guamie

Dec 9, 2004
My first question to anyone is... Is there about a 20% drop difference from flywheel to rwhp on our 05 mustang GTs? If so, then would these blowers, non-intercooled, claiming 420rwhp feasibly be considered 500+hp cars and top the upcoming shelby's 475hp? I'm only thinkin of not intercooling my engine b/c I won't be forging my internals, and I still want reliability in my daily driver (also save a little extra $ for body parts and paint). Third question... anybody hear any diffrences (quality, performance, etc) in the paxton v. vortech? All I saw was that the paxton wa running 38 lb injectors and the vortech runs 39 lb. Anything else I should consider? Thanks fellow tang lovers!:flag:

• Sponsors (?)

Definately a better fuel system upgrade with the Vortech I encountered many problems with the lines and pump they provided so I went with a better system and am Very Satisfied now.

As for which one to consider it is all preference I went with Vortech due to they are a 15+ year company(Same as Paxton) and there Customer support is the best.

you can upgrade injectors at anytime in the future I went with flow matched 42lb set and custom tune. I May do some upgrading on the unit in the future and now have the fuel needed when I do that upgrade.

I hope this helps a little , You will love the 3V performance when you get through. Oh and I recomend all map sensor and fuel pump wiring be upgraded for a better and more precise signal.

most cars true tire hp are seeing about 260ish , some a little better.. My daily driven HO vortech kit with a slight tweak of the canned tune is putting 430 at the tire now and I am more than satisfied. I will not be adding anything further other than some longtubes with a new tune to keep things safe as possible..Most feel the rule of thumb on these cars is keep it under 450 at the tire

intercooled high output supercharger...

So the high output intercooler should still be okay on a stock engine? I believe they say these systems hit up near 470hp but that meaning at the flywheel. true? Also, I may not have enough for the intercooler, but enough for the standard 420hp setup. Is it hard to upgrade to the intercooler later (price, labor, system durability, etc)????

That is correct.. I had the standard kit originally and it was fine..no issues whatsoever.I only upgraded to the HO intercooled system because I got such a great offer to do so I couldn't pass it up..i will tell you that the intercooled system makes a huge difference in power over the standard kit.

So as far as HP.....

I hear ppl talking about blowing up their stock motor even with good tuning if it's above a certain hp (I think they said anything above 460hp). Now, are they talking flywheel or rwhp??? B/c I know the intercooled blowers will put out about 470 at the flywheel, not the rear wheels. Does that make them safe and reliable daily drivers? Or should I play it safe with the non-intercooled version? I may be able to get the intercooler, but I won't have enough to forge my internals. I would love to hit the 470 engine hp cuz that will put our GT head-to-head with the heavier 475hp shelby. But I don't want to sacrifice the safety of my engine either. Please let me know what you hear about hp and how high we can go and where (rw vs. flywheel). Thanks!:nice:

alot of these guys are putting 470 AT THE TIRE with extreme tunes and higher boost..This is where I have seen the probs. The vortech/paxton kits are rated at the flywheel so the wheel HP is right about 400 with the canned tune they supply when i originally dynoed mine. This makes for a great daily driver and you can still tweak it just a bit more if you want a little extra, but still playing it safe!

Guamie said:
My first question to anyone is... Is there about a 20% drop difference from flywheel to rwhp on our 05 mustang GTs? If so, then would these blowers, non-intercooled, claiming 420rwhp feasibly be considered 500+hp cars and top the upcoming shelby's 475hp? I'm only thinkin of not intercooling my engine b/c I won't be forging my internals, and I still want reliability in my daily driver (also save a little extra $ for body parts and paint). Third question... anybody hear any diffrences (quality, performance, etc) in the paxton v. vortech? All I saw was that the paxton wa running 38 lb injectors and the vortech runs 39 lb. Anything else I should consider? Thanks fellow tang lovers!:flag:

Isn't Paxton and Vortech the same company ?

I ordered the Paxton Novi 2200 HO S/C from and the Vortech Liquid to Air Inner Cooler through Steeda Canada and it all came in the same Paxton box.

Tim

Vortech owns paxton they are two different companies but same owner ship

I run the novi 2200 with the iair to air intercooler and make 538 rwhp at 11 psi with full exhuast plus the blower and imrc eliminators.

You will like it its nice an quiet not very noticeable at idle but you can tell its there its just not obnoxious