PCM Fuse Keeps Blowing!

04YELLOWGT

Jun 29, 2005
Indiana
I dont know what the hell is going on. For some reason my PCM fuse keeps blowing, this is the 3rd one thats blown. I had a Diablo MAFia put on, then removed it and now Im back on the 90mm MAF. Could something have happened during the switching of these?

• Sponsors (?)

Its the 30amp fuse. Well at the tuners they were messing with my MAF and they blew two fuses there. Then today I was driving the car, hit a bump, then the car just died.

I knew it had to be something with the computer because the fuel pumps wouldn't turn on and the mileage gauge just showed ----- which is what it did at the tuners. So I checked the PCM fuse and there it was, a burnt out fuse.

Ok so its the 30amp fuse in the battery junction box under hood?
That should help to narrow it down some. This fuse feeds the PCM power relay(switch side of the relay) in the CCRM and the ignition coils,this could make it a little tough to find. It feeds CCRM on the BK/OG wires on pins 8 & 10 and comes out on the RED wire on pin 24 of the CCRM.Look very carefully at these wires for any signs of chaffing,it could be just a small pinch in the wire that is able to touch ground.Follow harness as far as you can looking for anywhere it might get close to metal.
It could also be a coil pack causing this,that would be hard to find unless you had a way to stress test them.
It also feeds fuel pump relay (coil side of relay) and the 20 amp fuse in the central fuse panel inside car, but I would suspect that your problem would not be there because it would blow the 20 amp fuse first if it was.
Since it is blowing intermitantly I would suspect it is in the harness and would be somewhere where the harness would flex when driving,maybe near radiator support or near braces on front bumper where harness runs across and turns up.

Hope this helps.