Pedal Kits

• Sponsors (?)

The late model Bullitt pedal covers look cool, but they're too small to fit an early model's pedals.

Here's what I put on mine, they're a basic ricer pedal cover. But I drilled and tapped my pedals when I installed them. They come with a slip over type bracket that is sure to ruin your shoes and slip at an inopportune moment.

Tim

P8080031.jpg

Attachments

• P8080031.jpg
    P8080031.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 46
As mentioned, the Bullitt pedal pads are smaller than the existing pads. They are a "slipover" design - you MIGHT be able to trim down your pedals and make them work... but that's "iffy", and could be dangerous if they come off.

If you use ANY of the late-model "screw-on" pedal pads, they'll work fine with only minor trimming on your existing clutch & brake pedals. I trimmed about 1/8" from each side of my 65 pedals, and used aluminum pads from UPR products. The gas pedal fit PERFECT. To mount a dead-pedal, you just need four 1" spacers between the pedal & the carpet, then mount it all directly to the floorboard with 1-1/2" sheetmetal screws. Dimmer switch still works fine.

The late-model 4-piece set runs $35-$40, including the dead-pedal - much better than TCP's prices (close to $100 at that time).:nonono:

30908864-860f-028001E0-.jpg

The only drawback to running the smaller pedal covers, designed for later/"universal" applications, is the increased distance between the brake and gas pedals. Not a big concern on automatics but may matter more with manual transmission equipped vehicles. Most people don't heel-toe downshift on a regular basis but if you ever want to try or have a need to, a broader brake pedal cover and increased width at the base of the gas pedal make rolling your foot to blip the throttle much easier.

I also found that most sets fit the newer car pedals (narrow) and the ones I did find that were wider were backordered till.........

So I went to Lowes, bought some 3/16" aluminum and made my own. Perfect setup for me and H&T shifting.

silverbluebp said:
I also found that most sets fit the newer car pedals (narrow) and the ones I did find that were wider were backordered till.........

So I went to Lowes, bought some 3/16" aluminum and made my own. Perfect setup for me and H&T shifting.

You got a pic of those fabricated pedals? I was thinking about doing the same myself....

That's a bummer on the Ford pedals.... I like to use Ford products as much as possible.

The TCP pedals are expencive and just to BLING for even me. I'm not a logo type of guy and to have all 3 pedals with BIG TCP letters on them are just too much.

Those homemade pedals look really nice. I never thought about making my own. How did you make them "grippy"?