Progress Thread Pete is checking out these valve covers

Just when my car was running excellent something goes wrong...Sound familiar. I pulled the wrong sensor and it broke so I replaced it. The coolant sensor on the rail on top near the fuel lines. So air must have got in the lines and for the life of me it wont flow now because of air in the system. I jacked it up. The lower hose is just warm. I put the shop vac on the rad cap. Still wont go. Water pump is new. I just shut it down. Gauge gets three quarters up is that ok for now. I think for now Im going to take it out for small rides and play with it a little, It might just catch and go away.

• Sponsors (?)

Previous owner capped the hoses because of bad core. But I was thinking they are capped at the firewall. I think I should consider making the rubber hoses flow so fluid flows freely. I just got back from shopping and my antifreeze is way down from before I left. So I think Im good. The Shop Vac has got some in it. Read here that it works

Reactions: 1 user
Did you try and bleed the air out with one of those no spill funnels? I got one on Amazon last year,I believe it's a lisle.you just book up the adapters and funnel till system and let her rip,when the tstat opens nothing spills.

If you read some of my stuff you may remember that I am an avid gardener. Monarch butterflies are here now and I plant lots of Milkweed all around my house. I produce dozens of flies every year Plus extra pictures for the fun of it. Need to get my plug wires right
I’d like to get a nice vegetable garden going at some point, but just don’t have the time right now. In my teens living home, I used to grow green beans, tomatoes, and peppers. Always was enjoyable!

Here’s how I have my wires. I used two sets of the Ford Racing dividers to do it.
ABD95495-265E-457E-971C-212E6A822441.jpeg

image.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Dub , looks like you did all your conduit too. Nice upgrade for just a few bucks.
Thanks...... Yeah, that was just Amazon split loom stuff on the cheap.
And no powder coating...... that was just clean, clean, clean..... then prime and paint with rattle can. Almost 2 years on the intake and valve covers...... although it hasnt seen many miles in that time.

My car was covered with oil and greasy dirt. Spent lots of time fixing leaks. Leaking from everywhere. I wish I had a before picture of my car. The paint was flat pink like a Nufinish commercial. Buffed it for two days. Luckily its a one stage paint . The rags where beet red , about a hundred of them after buffing. The plastic bumpers would not clean up so I painted them with Auto touch Up.Com rattle cans. Looks nice after buffing

Last edited:
My car was covered with oil and greasy dirt. Spent lots of time fixing leaks. Leaking from everywhere. I wish I had a before picture of my car. The paint was flat pink like a Nufinish commercial. Buffed it for two days. Luckily its a one stage paint . The rags where beet red , about a hundred of them after buffing. The plastic bumpers would not clean up so I painted them with Auto touch Up.Com rattle cans. Looks nice after buffing
My engine compartment was dirty as all hell. In the week from when I was at my cousins looking at it (before I bought) til the time I bought and picked it up, the squirrels had started to nest under the intake. Thank god I got it when I did.
When I have no parts, and no money, I take things off and clean. Eventually this whole thing will be like new (I hope)

Reactions: 1 users
My engine compartment was dirty as all hell. In the week from when I was at my cousins looking at it (before I bought) til the time I bought and picked it up, the squirrels had started to nest under the intake. Thank god I got it when I did.
When I have no parts, and no money, I take things off and clean. Eventually this whole thing will be like new (I hope)
Thats what I need to do Dub. Its not bad but I need to pull all the stuff of my aprons, all the bolt on parts and clean and paint. Its clean, just kinda worn looking.

My cooling system is not flowing at all. Water pump has about ten miles on it. What are the chances of a thermostat stuck?? Does that happen very often? I dont mind changing the thermostat just hoping it seals after the stories of the thing leaking. These cars keep you busy for sure glad the stuff is cheap. I could be dealing with a boat , and all the parts are triple. WTF....I am thinking this I replaced my sensor that goes to the gauge maybe it reads differently than the other. What reading do you guys get on the factory gauge. Mine is three quarters up the scale do you guys even come close.??

Last edited:
Pete,
#1 that is a sender, sends signal to gauge.
#2 a sensor sends signal to computer
#3 yes one sender can read different from another, especially an old one. They are grounded to the intake through the threads so if you used teflon tape it would read different, usually lower on the gauge though.
You said you have no flow through the radiator? Possibly a stuck thermostat, common occurrence.

• Agree
I think it’s more likely your issues had to do with the temp sender... they’re notoriously incorrect. Can you see the coolant moving when you remove the radiator cap?

and yes, thermostats do fail. The car will severely overheat though.