photos

• Sponsors (?)

Great Project! Looks like superior workmanship. You'll be happy with the car when done.

A bit of personal experience, I tried to install a Trickflow intake on my 66. The 'chef's hat' upper is VERY wide. Much wider than stock, or even other aftermarkets like Edelbrock or Cobra copies. You will run into a problem when trying to install a export brace. I built one that was 18" wide at the rear (in the pic below) that clears an explorer intake, but it wouldn't clear the trickflow.

http://www.midnightdsigns.com/james/images/2011mods/2011Mods1.JPG

James-I will be using a track heat intake, not the street heat. The runners are shorter with that intake, and I bought a shock tower brace meant for a 5.0 conversion. I guess I will have to cross the "It don't fit" bridge when I get there. Thanks for the heads up on fitment issues, and your billet bracket looks way cool.:nice:

Nice work!
It looks like you made your own sub frame connectors? How much did that cost you? was the time spent worth it? I plan to order some here pretty soon, but also had thought about making my own.

I'll save you the trouble of looking it up. I finished the primer and mock fit the front valance. Going to spend the holiday weekend block sanding and 'icing' body filler.

66mustangcoupe