PI Cam & Intake Manifold #'s

Use a light coat of black permatex RVT around the intake ports of the head, then sandwich your PI gasket between them. You don't need to go hog wild with the stuff to get a good seal. Just a light finger full around each port will do.

As for the torque specs and sequence.....can't remember. Maybe someone with a shop manual will speak up.

• Sponsors (?)

Gearbanger 101 said:
Use a light coat of black permatex RVT around the intake ports of the head, then sandwich your PI gasket between them. You don't need to go hog wild with the stuff to get a good seal. Just a light finger full around each port will do.

As for the torque specs and sequence.....can't remember. Maybe someone with a shop manual will speak up.

Ahh, no, that is not correct.

This is from a previouse post of mine that shows you exactly where to place the RTV when you use PI intake gaskets on the NPI heads.

TGJ said:
The PI gasket on a SVO head, exact same intake ports and coolant ports as the NPI head.
Head1.JPG

A closeup of the coolant port that requires the RTV
Head4.JPG

The exact area that requires the RTV
Head6.JPG

The circled area is where you add the RTV to the gasket and head to completely seal off the coolant.
Head7.JPG

The other coolant port on the head. Just so you see that it does not require RTV.
Head5.JPG

Now my scanner is down or I would also include how to re-install the manifold.

Gearbanger 101 said:

I used a new set of NPI gaskets which seal around the coolant ports well, but poorly on the air intake ports. To get a good seal there, I put a bead of black RTV on the inner portion of each of the heads.

The torque sequence is to start in the middle and work your way out to the ends, altenating sides. Torque to 25NMs or 18lb ft.

TGJ said:
Ahh, no, that is not correct.
Ahhh, yes, it is!!! I of course meant all of the ports...coolant included, even if I neglected to mention it initially. It goes without saying that anyplace that's going to be exposed to the edges of the gasket is going to need it. The main focus was that the silicone be applied to the head side! Regardless...all of the ports remain covered, even without the silicone. The RTV is just there as an added benefit of sealing.

NPIGT said:
Ok, that settles it. I'm gonna pick up some PI cams and do a 4.10 gear swap with my income tax money. With the PI cams, Intake Manifold, Mac Prochamber, Mac Catback, Diablo Predator, 4.10's, and 70 mm throttle body & plenum will I be able to make a 13 second pass?
Update...Check sig...

I'm pretty close so with DR's I can get 13's no problem. I should have gotten it Wed night but I go 4 runs with each being better then the last. Got really crowded and didn't want to wait an hour and a half between runs. I'm going back next Weds for my 13's.:nice:

Side note. I gained nearly 5 tenths from the dyno tune. I'm sold on THAT being a worthwhile mod.

The front side of the coolant tube connects to the back of the waterpump (nipple) lays along the side of the V under the Lower intake and connects to another tube in the back. You will see the old one once you take off the old intake. So, basically it moves the coolant tube from the center of the V, to the drivers side to make room for the deeper lower intake.