Pickapart...a mans toy store

mr_woodster

Jul 28, 2003
Riverside, CA
Ah, another beautiful day at Picapart...started out with me waking up about 9am....said "hey dad today is 1/2off day at picapart" so 10mins later we loaded the tools and were off. The first victum was a 92lx hatch with 4banger....I stripped the cam/lifters/rockers for my current pending turbo swap. Next we moved up to the t-bird section found the car i had already stripped of my turbo motor...next it the a guy had pulled the head off an 85.5 tc, he was nice and what not...suprised i knew so much about tc (lol like i know anyhting?) he left the turbo and manifold + brown top injectors....so my dad said, "no use in leaving a good turbo laying around" so we finished unhooking the oil/water lines+exhuast and took that with us, i all grabbed the injects ( never have to many sets of browntops ;) ). We alot pulled a borgwarner t5 from a tc for my older brothers 79 turbo RS ( that 4 speed is nothing but poo ). then we went and paid 140$ for a t5, turbo+manifold, cam,lifters,followers, and injectors...not to bad if u ask me ;o)

thats not all! we came home , dad went to work, so i decided what the hey still another 3 hours till the OTHER picapart closes, so loaded up the tools in my stang and rolled on down there. After walking through countless esscorts and tarus's i was thinking i would come up empty, not one turbocoupe or anything i could use. So i kinda wimply took one last stroll down the last row of fords, i happen to see a wrecked 88 GT, so i pretty interested...walkd over there and decided i could use some of the ground effects that werent broken.....but thats not the best part.........
I lifted my eyes only to behold the Nose a turbo coupe sticking out , so put the gt on hold and walked (ok, i ran like the wind!) i walk upto it, it is FULLY COMPLETE. nothing is taken off of it, it just so happens to an 87tc ...i felt like i had obtained the holy grail, LOL. Then tradgety strikes...as i leaned over the motor , just takingin the SHOW ROOM clean 2.3T with Intercooler still in place, a mexican guy opens the passenger side door and squats down with a screw driver. Right away i thought "oh no..hes going for the computer....he isss soo dead" :bang: ...so loudly throw my tools around the engine compartment (its like declaring this is my car)...i tried to look busy taking the BIG vam out...i made it take 20mins instead of the 5 it usualy does...all the time this guy is just working away behind that door.... so the air box is off...he gets up and leeaves, and he hassss......*looks really hard* YESS, its a DOOR LOCK SWITCH!, so i abondon the vam, and rush to the door...in less that 60seconds have all the interior padding/plasic and glove box outa my way...i *click* my flashlight on...and read the computer label....and yes, my friends, the one the only the LA3 i pulled it so fast i broke a sweat....I STOOD ON A SPARE TIRE WEILDING MY LA3....i heard the angels sing and the music of cherriots of fire played in the back ground...at long last , after 6 months of constant disapointment, i PULLED AN LA3! :cheers: , for the next hour i thanked the lord and had a hopskip and a jump in my step :jester: Sidenote: i pulled the big vam aswell , i already have one at home but it felt like leaving a lost child just seeing it sit there. Anyways , thanks for reading my of my picapart adventures...man i am too blessed ! picapart...a mans toy store! :flag:

• Sponsors (?)

351wcoupe said:
glad to see someone else taking pride in being cheap. Rock on.

EDIT:
Oh yeah about the computer being burnt out...send it to me and I'll "test" it for you. :rolleyes:

id pm Turbobob, he was gonna sell an la3 if/when he decided to pull it from that turbocoupe parts car...i was on the list to buy it from him (first dibs) but he never reply'd with any info :shrug: perhaps try your "testing" luck there ;)

*tucks la3 under pillow

Ummmmmmmm,,,, so you walked away from the 88 GT to hit up the TC?

Being that you live in California, that 88 GT should have had an A9P computer. Same as the Motorsport one. Only used stock in the Cali Mass air car of 88.

You could have gotten that and bought 3 LA3's. :flag:

GT350R said:
Ummmmmmmm,,,, so you walked away from the 88 GT to hit up the TC?

Being that you live in California, that 88 GT should have had an A9P computer. Same as the Motorsport one. Only used stock in the Cali Mass air car of 88.

You could have gotten that and bought 3 LA3's. :flag:

Had i known of such a find , lol i would have pulled it. BUT since the motor was already Gone, i am willing to bet the computer was aswell. Unfourtantly im not so wise when it comes to 5.0's special finds....give me a list of unique sotafter stuff, and ill keep my eyes open, i see alot of 5.0s laying around these days ! Thanks for the heads up! :)