Picked up my QA1 K-Member

VibrantRedGT

"STANGNET'S PENGUIN SMACKER"
15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
Boca Raton, Florida
Pictures are from my phone but you get the general idea.

Unit looks great. It comes with some hardware (not the A Arm bolts), rack bolts, etc. It has the removal spring perch option if later I decide to ditch the stock A arms and go tubular with coil overs. Jason @ Steeda showed my how to make the stock A arms compatible with this unit. Looks very easy and I hop to have it on Sunday (Green 94 5.0 helping me).

KMember.jpg

I think I've decided on a motor. It will probably change tomorrow.

331 production block
10:1 Compression
Custom Comp cam
AFR 185's
Scorpion 1.6 rockers
RPM II Intake
75MM Throttle Body
Pro-M 77 MAF
30lb Injectors
Aluminum Flywheel
Romac 28oz balancer

Exhaust is:
MAC Ceramic 1 3/4 Long Tubes
MAC 3 Inch Prochamber
MAC 3 Inch cat back

Ignition is:
MSD6AL
MSD Blaster Coil
MSD 8.5 Wires

Drivetrain is:
Stock T5 (for now)
Spec Stage III clutch
FIORE Multi Click Firewall adjuster
FIORE Quadrant
FRPP Aluminum driveshaft
FRPP 3:55 Gears (for now, 4:10's soon)

Suspension is:
Hotchkis Caster/Camber Plates
QA1 K-Member
Steeda Strut Tower
Steeda Sub Frames
Steeda Upper/Lower Control Arms
Steeda adjustable rear sway bar
FRPP C Springs

Tuning Device:
PMS

Attachments

• KMember.jpg
    KMember.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 84
  • Sponsors (?)

DaveB said:
Looks good. Get the coilovers and A-arms and get some more weight off the front end when money allows. Combo looks like it should run really well. But is a SPEC stage 3 needed? You could probably get by with a 2. Just wondering.

When I had the blower the car made 450HP so the Spec III was needed at the time. It's overkill right now but I'm not going to change it. Plus it grabs pretty good.

bjl95mustang said:
Sould have gone with a 418. :cheers:

Good luck with your k-member install.
shouldnt be too bad. sunday we are yanking the stock bottom end and tranny out andinstalling the k-member, and full front suspension. without any complications it should only take a couple hours. but then again, we are talking about a ford here so complications are inevitable.....;)

Yea, no 418 motor for me. You do realize it will need a refreshing down the road. That's a pretty far punched out 351 block.

I know what I have to do for the stock A arms to fit the K-member. Bolts will not have to be changed or grind down. In fact when I bought they give you an illustration on how to use stock A arms with the unit.

Well I won't be making the HP I had with the blower but I knew that going in. CHP claims 420 Flywheel HP on the motor. The engine builder has this same motor in his 86 GT but with the Holley intake and it runs in the 11's. He didn't have dyno numbers. He also didn't have an aggressive exhaust system like mine.

Should be fun. Time frame is 5-8 weeks. Should have the front suspension done along with repainting the engine bay. Lots of prep work.

You have to grind the head of your back a-arm bolts to make the fit. Take one of your a-arm bolts and try installing it into the new k-member and you will see what I mean.

There wont be much upkeep with my 418 and my block is only .030 over.

bjl95mustang said:
You have to grind the head of your back a-arm bolts to make the fit. Take one of your a-arm bolts and try installing it into the new k-member and you will see what I mean.

There wont be much upkeep with my 418 and my block is only .030 over.

Cool. When I researched a 418 I was told by DSS, Keith Kraft and CHP that they just aren't effecient due to rod ratio and in time will need to be refreshened. Again these are not my words just what I was told from engine builders. I'm sure it will all work out. I'll be installing my K-Memberl on Sunday so keep that day clear for me to post questions for you. :D