pics of supercharger on 5.0

oldfox

Feb 19, 2009
This engine is just being used for a mock up. No one makes kits or parts for putting a 6-71 on a 5.0 with Air. Hampton blowers told me to flip the top pulley around and mount it backwards to get it out past the serpentine belt and they the made the spacer for the lower pulley. Everything else was for an older 302. But it's getting revamped to fit a 5.0
I'm going to keep the air conditioning and cruise control. Those guys at Hampton Blowers can make anything they never say "no"
The flap for the Hillborn style scoop was home grown.

blowerpics003.jpg

blowerpics002.jpg

The line for the air conditioning on the high side ran right into the blower so I'm
going to swing it out a few inches. That should give me enough room to run
it under the snout and behind the alternator and to the condenser

blowerpics012.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

You'll get a lot of naysayers, who will tell you it's a waste of time just run a centrifugal blah blah blah, but that is AWESOME. Definitely keep us posted when this goes into a car.

You'll get a lot of naysayers, who will tell you it's a waste of time just run a centrifugal blah blah blah, but that is AWESOME. Definitely keep us posted when this goes into a car.

Yea I know,, I get slammed a lot also because I'm keeping the air and the cruise control. I plan on driving this car in the summer and I think air is nice when it's really hot out. I hope to have this on the car by the end of June I will keep you posted.
I'm putting this together for cruise inns paradies and stuff like like I just want to have some fun and enjoy the car. I'm retiring it from being a daily driver.

I don't understand why you'd get slammed for wanting to keep the ac. If anything, I never understood why guys wanted to ditch their ac on their 14 second street car. If that extra 0.05 of a second is worth sweating your ass off on a muggy day when out for a ride....more power to you.

Fast with ac is just cool

I don't understand why you'd get slammed for wanting to keep the ac. If anything, I never understood why guys wanted to ditch their ac on their 14 second street car. If that extra 0.05 of a second is worth sweating your ass off on a muggy day when out for a ride....more power to you.

Fast with ac is just cool

"Fast with A/C is cool" LOL I like that I might just have a sticker made.