Pics of the black Ford Racing valve covers?

85_SS_302_Coupe

it sucks (I know) to be on the receiving end
15 Year Member
Nov 11, 2003
Northern KY
I know there's a few guys running them....let's see'em :D

These are the one's i'm talking about:
fms-m-6582-l302.jpg

Also someone is running these with i think a Systemax intake painted to match...pics?

Attachments

• fms-m-6582-l302.jpg
    fms-m-6582-l302.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 126
  • Sponsors (?)

So us guys with EFI can only buy a certain special kind of valve covers for our 5.0's right? Lame...

Well yes and no. The issue is that those are taller than stock height to allow for roller rocker clearance, and they hit the intake manifold unless you either run an aftermarket intake or an intake spacer. A lot of aftermarket intakes rise up enough to clear the valve covers.

He's gonna be running a Systemax intake, i'm trying to talk him into having it powder coated to match but that might make for too much black. I've got the polished version on my car but he really doesn't like the polished showcar engine look.

He's gonna be running a Systemax intake, i'm trying to talk him into having it powder coated to match but that might make for too much black. I've got the polished version on my car but he really doesn't like the polished showcar engine look.

I like the black look. Heres a similar engine. This is exactly what mine will look like in a few weeks. Its gorgeous!
View attachment 374695

p.s if you guys read any mags, you should know whos this is!

That looks great but he needs the tall valve covers for rocker clearance and doesn't wanna spend the money on the spacers since they're more than the valve covers he's looking at.

The coolest thing about those is actually NOT polishing them, because when they start to tarnish all you have to do is take some light sandpaper to the tops of them and they look like new again. I had planned on painting my stock covers like that as they're a similar style, but they don't clear roller rockers.