Pics of the heads that just came in for the stroker. *56k no way!*

• Sponsors (?)

I know how to build motors. ;) But thanks for the info.

:

Just going by what I heard. The oiling issue and my engine builder says they have a problem with putting more stress on the sides of the clyinder walls because of the extra stroke. I'm not saying any of these are true I just do not want to find out myself and this combo is gonna make more than enough power for now so I will not miss the 16cid difference.

Cute picture though. :nice:

The stuff your engine builder told you is complete BS about 347's. Maybe it was true for him. Sucks that he fed you that info becuase you could be rockin the 347. . have fun and be safe

Just going by what I heard. The oiling issue and my engine builder says they have a problem with putting more stress on the sides of the clyinder walls because of the extra stroke. I'm not saying any of these are true I just do not want to find out myself and this combo is gonna make more than enough power for now so I will not miss the 16cid difference.
Engine assembler?.... yes...... engine builder?....:nono:. Here's a little question you could ask him...... why do SBC 454's, Ford 300 I-6's and Toyota's 1.8L 3-TC (as examples), can last well over 200k miles w/out any "stress on the sides" issues?

Engine assembler?.... yes...... engine builder?....:nono:. Here's a little question you could ask him...... why do SBC 454's, Ford 300 I-6's and Toyota's 1.8L 3-TC (as examples), can last well over 200k miles w/out any "stress on the sides" issues?

Are we talking Rod/Stroke ratio here? Its that which determines rod angularity, and thus, piston side loading. Most people say that you are fine with 1.5 R/S and higher, I believe most 347 kits are around 1.6...

I think that is probably the direction you're taking, correct me if you had something else in mind.

I have seen a lot of people giving 347s a bad rep lately, and I don't quite know why. :shrug:

Are we talking Rod/Stroke ratio here? Its that which determines rod angularity, and thus, piston side loading. Most people say that you are fine with 1.5 R/S and higher, I believe most 347 kits are around 1.6...

I think that is probably the direction you're taking, correct me if you had something else in mind.

I have seen a lot of people giving 347s a bad rep lately, and I don't quite know why. :shrug:
Yep........

Stopsign32v said:
lol guys I could care less...I'm perfectly happy with my 331 stroker.
Your happiness with your 331 stroker or settling for less performance potential is not in question, using the wrong information to base your choice, and to continue patronizing such a myth....... is. :shrug:

Your happiness with your 331 stroker or settling for less performance potential is not in question, using the wrong information to base your choice, and to continue patronizing such a myth....... is. :shrug:

Grab a tissue. It will be ok. :rlaugh: I never stated the issues with the 347 was true I simply said that I did not feel like building a 347 because of it. I've never heard a negative thing about the 331 so I went that way. :nice:

Grab a tissue. It will be ok. :rlaugh: I never stated the issues with the 347 was true I simply said that I did not feel like building a 347 because of it. I've never heard a negative thing about the 331 so I went that way. :nice:

Definitely nothing wrong with running a 331! Like said already, my only concern would be with breaking a stock block at 7400 rpm. But if you aren't scared of breaking a block, then who cares! It'll be a fun combo, that is for sure. Keep us updated with #s!

:lol:.... tissue?... what for?...... it's not my dough. It's funny the way you mention not stating the issues with the 347 are true, yet decide based on them. IOW..... isn't it like deciding based on lies?
thinking.gif
.... or... "I never said he was guilty, but let him rot in jail" ...... how is that called?
th_947136d9.gif

I like my 347. I even have one of the "old" style stroker kits where the piston pin intersects the oil rings. It hasn't puffed any blue smoke at all, with about 400 miles on it, still breaking it in.

There was some smoke on initial startup, but that's normal.

Did I mention it rips to 6500 easy? Can't wait till it breaks in all the way and I can go to 7000 >:D