Piecing my stereo system together for my 95

ROLLIN5.0

Nov 19, 2004
Tulsa, OK
Right now I just have an Alpine CDA-7893 running the stock Mach stuff. Waiting in the wings, I have...

4 Kicker KS68 two-way coaxial speakers for the doors, and rear decklid. They will be powered by a Verge VGA460 (220W 4-channel) amplifier. I will probably also utilize the stock tweeters until I can find a suitable replacement.

2 Infinity 1230 12" subwoofers powered by a Rockford Fosgate 1050S running a conservative 262.5W RMS each.

1 Pyramid 1.0F capacitor with digital voltage readout.

I also have all the wiring, and other install hardware. I just have to get a couple sheets of MDF, and build the sub enclosure.

I have a couple questions. How bad is the car going to rattle (based on your experience)? I already know I'm going to have to get some dynomat to go behind the license plate because it rattles when I close the trunk. I was also wondering what this mach set up might be worth minus a headunit, and the tweeters. Should I just throw it all on Ebay?
Brandon

• Sponsors (?)

The car is going to sound like a tin can from the outside. I have 2 Phoneix Gold 12's with a crappy 780W Sony Xplod amp, and my car literally sounds like it's going to fall apart.

You just have to spend time with it. I have 3 10" JL powered by JL 500, in a 1970 VW. just play a song and go around with a screwdriver, rubber grommets, anything. I put two felt discs on the back of my license plate, took care of that problem.

My car doesn't rattle too much. I did have to put some polyester cushion stuff behind the plate but thats about it. The Mach system is not worth anything. Nobody wants it becuase it sucks. Imagine installing all those wiring harnesses and crap.

How big is this box that you need more than one sheet of MDF?? Try optimizing your cuts some more. You should be able to make a 6 cu.ft box with one sheet.

StangGT1995 said:
The car is going to sound like a tin can from the outside. I have 2 Phoneix Gold 12's with a crappy 780W Sony Xplod amp, and my car literally sounds like it's going to fall apart.

hehe i used to have 2 audibahn 10's with a 2.4 farad capacitor and a power acoustic 2000 watt amp. It was literally retarded.

Zero Signal said:
My car doesn't rattle too much. I did have to put some polyester cushion stuff behind the plate but thats about it. The Mach system is not worth anything. Nobody wants it becuase it sucks. Imagine installing all those wiring harnesses and crap.

How big is this box that you need more than one sheet of MDF?? Try optimizing your cuts some more. You should be able to make a 6 cu.ft box with one sheet.

The mach460 in my '01 is the bomb shtt :nice:
....maybe they 'fixed' it since 94/95???

I never heard the Mach system with a stock headunit (car didn't have anything when I got it). It sounded OK with the Alpine.

I just discovered that I may have a slight problem. I measured between the bottom of the rear speaker cover to the floor of the trunk, and it was only 11 3/4". How are you guys getting 12's in the trunk? I'm sure I can get it done, but I would like enough room to atleast throw a set of clubs back there. I'm thinking angles //\\
I would like to keep some kind of enclosure around the rear deck speakers. Plus from the replies I'm getting, I'm looking at a full dynomat job in the entire trunk, which would reduce that space by another 1/4".
Brandon
EDIT: Here's a pic of the stuff itching to get in...

http://photobucket.com/albums/b148/PLAYRR2000/Mustang/STEREO/?action=view&current=000_0218.jpg

I took my MACH 460 enclosure off of the rear deck. It gives you something like 14 1/2 inches to work with then. One of these days, I'll put a real amp on my subs, so people can hear me coming for blocks if i feel like being ghetto :D I also don't have my factory amps anymore, since they're mounted on the enclosure. Just my Clarion Pro Audio head unit powering the factory speakers, until I put another amp on them. I seriously have like no good mid-high sound without enough power, but I haven't been too concerned by it. Who needs a stereo when you have an off road X and flows? :shrug:

Thanks guys. I'll rip that thing out of there, and get some new measurements. I don't know if I'll be able to get it going this weekend though. It depends on if I can get the exhaust put in my ol truck tonight, or if that runs into tomorrow.
Brandon