Piecing Together Suspension...Questions

Currently I have a completely stock suspension and I just want to make some upgrades for improved handling, stance, strip performance, but without a harsh ride. Here's what I'm thinking...

Bilstein Shocks/Struts
Eibach Pro-Kit
03 Cobra Front Control Arms
Caster Camber Plates
Full length sub frames w/seat braces
Rear Lower Control Arms

So here's my questions..

1. What brand cc plates...Steeda, Hotchkis, or Maximum Motorsports?

2. What brand LCA's...Maximum Motorsports, Steeda, maybe UPR?

3. Which Bilsteins should I use...the HDs, BTS, or 03 Cobras?

4. Are UCA's important to replace at this point?

5. With the 03 Cobra control arms, I won't need something like Steeda's X2 ball joints, right?

6. And should I get something like an Energy Suspension hyperflex kit and replace all of the other bushings?

7. Anything else I might need like offset steering rack bushing, tie rod ends, etc.?

I know I'm asking a lot, but your input would be appreciated.

Thanks
Dave

• Sponsors (?)

You could do MM for most of that stuff and also include their aluminum center-drilled rack bushings to remove any chance of bumpsteer. UCA replacements should probably have rubber bushings in the upper section.

I've got MMs Bilsteins along with their H&R Race springs: excellent combination, but stiffer than Pro-Kits. Pro-kits are very popular.

I'd go with what you've chosen and add in MMs rack bushings I mentioned above. You'll be in great shape.

IF you are going that all out (ie buying everythgin) I wouldlook at MM for one of thier boxed kits.

I can say that I have the FMS C-Springs and it is a harch ride. I like it but it is not easy on the butt.

The only thing I would add is upper control arms for the rear as my bushings were absolutely shot. I would buy new uppers and replace the rubbers on the axle housing with either new rubber from ford or Poly.

Chris

94-302-vert said:
The only thing I would add is upper control arms for the rear as my bushings were absolutely shot. I would buy new uppers and replace the rubbers on the axle housing with either new rubber from ford or Poly.

Chris

Ok so I'll get new UCAs, but what are the rubbers on the axel housings, and where can I get a good poly set?

Thanks for the replies! So what brand UCA's and LCA's do you guys recommend? I know Maximum Motorsports would be the ideal choice, but they're a little expensive.

Dave

I went woth Poly bushings in the rear (kept the factory arms) and if you do a search you will see a lot of controversy about using all poly in the rear as it can cause binding.

Now if I was buying new upper and lower arms I would go to the dealer to simply get new rubber bushings. Most places seem to really like the new ford uppers that are about $70 for the set.

Chris

95strokerPSU said:
Ok so I'll get new UCAs, but what are the rubbers on the axel housings, and where can I get a good poly set?

The Steeda upper arms use a new rubber bushing on the chassis end and intermediate polyurethane on the axle end. This improves control without causing the excessive bind like the all poly and hard-poly bushing other arms use.

I also have soft-poly bushings for the axle. But the intermediate poly that comes in the steeda arm usually works pretty well. Just stay away from the hard poly.

94-302- said:

Chris

The rubbers on the axel housing, would they be called axel pivot bushings?

And would this package cover everything I need for my rear suspension including bushings?(aside from springs and shocks)

Click Here

Anybody have anything to says about Hotchkis UCAs and LCAs?

Thanks

95strokerPSU said:
Click Here

Anybody have anything to says about Hotchkis UCAs and LCAs?

Thanks
They are good quality dependable parts. If you are looking for something to replace the worn out stock stuff and add more traction they will do the job. But if you want the best possible handling I would reccomend something with a little less bind than their all-poly, uniform-hardness bushing design. For about $50 less than the price on the link in your post you could get Steeda aluminum lowers and HD uppers.

Alright thanks for you're responses. I think I've got it figured out. Here's my final list...

Eibach Pro-Kit
HD Bilsteins
Hotchkis C/C
FRPP full length subs (in the mail)
03 Cobra Front CAs (just came today, and on my b-day too)
Steeda aluminum LCAs
Steeda HD UCAs
MM Aluminum offset rack bushing
Energy Suspension hyperflex kit (or something like it)

Sound good?