Pimpxs or Terminator x...need help making a choice

Hi all, I need a bit of help with the decision making process.
First, a little background...I've been around the fox chassis for a while...since 93. I do have some tuning knowledge as I was one of the first people to buy the old base model twEECer from the man himself back in the day. I used it to partially tune my h/c/I 88 mustang with an 89 harness and A9P processor. I was also using a very early Procharger p600b with a 3 core flat mount intercooler, Cartech fmu, 30lb injectors, blow thru pro m, and a 255 pump...that's it, stock lines and rails and 13lbs at the intake on 93 octane.
I learned a hell of a lot with that car. I never lifted a head, and that engine lived on for quite some time until I sold it in 2012.

Now I picked up a low mile 94gt with the Trickflow top end kit and a bunch of bolt ons. I originally wanted to run a D-1 Procharger, but like the simplicity of the Vortech package. So I picked up a V2 S-trim for a decent price. The plan is to run the S-trim with the current engine, then step it up a notch with a 408w that is almost complete. End goal is easy 10.49 or better granny shifting in street trim. A true daily driver capable car that retains all creature comforts...stereo, a/c, p/s,electric fans..all of it.

With all that being said, which would you choose? Stinger pimpxs or Holley Terminator x?
A short description of why?
Sorry for the long post, I just wanted to give as much info as possible.
Thank you in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks for the reply a91what. I was partial to the pimpxs over the gold box due to almost a plug and play setup for my 94. Just a couple of pinout changes on the injector harness. Plus I know you're somewhat of a guru with the ms3 based stuff. That's actually what led me here.

The more and more I read, the less likely I would be to go the Holley route.
I guess my question is as far as the gold box or pimpxs. I believe they both use the same software, they both are sequential, and they both will only support high impedance injectors.
As a91what pointed out the goldbox is on sale. Is there any reason to pay more for the pimpxs? a91what, were you pointing it out as a recommendation?

I’m a big fan of my pimpxs. Is Nice to have everything packaged in the same case as stock, and it’s a great system. The gold box is nice as well, as a91what said they’re the same. The ms3x is great and has lots of inputs and outputs to keep you happy

Out of curiosity I downloaded the Holley terminator software, and personally I like how tunerstudios is laid out better. I’m sure I could learn it as well, I just prefer ts.

Whichever one you get I’m sure will work well.

Reactions: 1 user
It's strange, I asked about repinning for use with my car in my question and got the reply about not supporting the 94-95 cars. I think with that statement made by them I'm going to shy away. I don't want to take the chance of asking them for support when they're telling me they don't support the use on my car to begin with.

It's strange, I asked about repinning for use with my car in my question and got the reply about not supporting the 94-95 cars. I think with that statement made by them I'm going to shy away. I don't want to take the chance of asking them for support when they're telling me they don't support the use on my car to begin with.
Just so you know you’ll have to repin a few terminals on the 94/95 with the pimpxs as well. Wes and Shannon have great support though and they’re always on their forum helping guys out. Like we’re talking usually getting answers within the hr quick.

Yeah, I'm aware.. in the injector harness. I like the fact that they have that type of support too!
My experience with the support on Stingers site has been hit and miss, sometimes a quick helpful response
other times......let's just say not so much.
I imagine those guys probably get annoyed with all the annoying questions and people not
following the correct steps but they can be a little harsh imo.
I've had much better luck here with @a91what , he takes a lot of time to deal with questions
from all skill levels.

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 1 users
I just recently removed my factory harness and ecm and installed a Holley Terminator X efi foxbody kit. I was already familiar with some of the Holley efi systems through some friends with race cars running HP and Dominator setups. The Terminator X has been around for a bit for the LS guys but the recently released as a foxbody specific kit that fit the bill nicely for my H/C/I supercharged street car. The kit includes the ford tfi harness, injector harness pinned for ev1 injectors, ford style iac plug, fox specific under seat ecm bracket, gm style CTS and MAT sensors, bosch wideband O2 sensor and 3.5" digital screen to monitor all vitals and make adjustments on when not hooked up to laptop. It was a pretty straight forward install, the software is nice and user friendly, the startup and ease of tuning and adjustability has been impressive so far and there is a lot of support out there.