planning a 347 build

hey guys, i'm in the process of planning a 347 build. to begin the car is a 93 conv't gt. going to be a street/strip car. more of a weekend warrior. a few years ago i did a 351W build and didn't plan very well. ending up costing me more then i intended. so this one i want to run smooth. here is a list of the major parts:

DSS Level 10 302 Block

Rotating Assemble (CNC Motorsports #1-94170-1) New Scat 9000 Series Crankshaft, Scat 4340 Forged I-Beam Rods with ARP 3/8" Cap Screw Bolts, SRP Flat top pistons - 1/16 1/16 3/16 Rings lands, Plasma Moly Piston Rings, Clevite 77 Rod and Main Bearings

Melling High Volumn Oil Pump #M68HV

Moroso 7qt Oil Pan w/ Pick-Up

Compition Cams FW XE282HR-12 (.565 int-232 dur., .574 exh-240 dur)
Ford Racing Performance Timing Chain

Ford Racing Performance Roller Lifters

Competion Cams Push Rods #7826-16

Edelbrock Victor Jr. Aluminum Cylinder Heads

Competition Cams Roller Rockers #1431-16

TrickFlow Steet Heat Intake

Ford Racing Performance 30lb injectors

C & L 80mm Mass Meter

BBK 70mm Throttle Body #1523

This not a complete list, just the basics. 3 items that are still up in the air. the heads, the cam, and the intake. i have done a few searches on here about heads to run on a 347. the search resulted in 2 different heads. AFR185 and the Victors. specing the right cam will probably be the tuff decision. i am sure i could get a custom one, but i am also looking at cost. as for intake, could not find many threads on here about that. i made a guess to go with the trick flow. i have been trying to find writes on this intake. not much luck so far. any input will be appreciated.

thanks

• Sponsors (?)

I'm in the process of doing the same build basically.. I'm just using a stock block, as it'll stay N/A.. The DSS blocks IMHO aren't worth the money, they're still stock blocks.. The 282HR is an excellent choice, and is what I plan on using also. I may even go with the 60cc Jrs. I had a pair in the past, and they are some nice heads. The AFRS are a bit better if you can afford them, unless you port the Jrs. I see no problem with this being a 400 rwhp setup when done correctly. Good luck.

i do feel a custom cam is going to be the way to go. i will have to look into it further.
about the heads, i will probably go with the Victor Jr.'s. they seem to have more room for improvment. there really is not much difference in price. i have price the AFR 185s at $1350, and the Jrs at $1250. however i have seen the jrs under 1200 a few times.

i think you guys may be confused about the DSS block. i will have the same if not more money in my block to have all the machine work done. the DSS block comes bored, decked, line honed, stroker clearence, cam bearings and freeze plugs installed. the $790 includes the shipping. it comes ready for the stroker assembly. i have ask around and machine work is not cheap.