Gt40 heads, explorer upper and lower intake
Proform aluminum 1.6 roller rockers
Explorer throttle body (65mm)
Shorty headers
Bbk o/r x-pipe
Flowmaster catback
Smog and egr delete
Ford racing 3.73 gears
Hurst shifter ( car has a standard tranny)
Ford racing valve covers
Subframe connectors and suspension around the whole car.
The only thing I've done since I bought it is a Bama sct-4 bank eliminator chip.
Ive been to the drag strip and, using drag radials, my best is a 13.98@99 and I've been getting pretty consistent numbers right around 14.0.
Now the question that haunts us all... how do I make her faster?? The need for speed strikes again haha.
I've been thinking a cam or maybe some nitrous, 75 shot. For cams I've been looking at the steeda 19 cam since they don't affect drivability. And since winter is approaching it'd be a great time to tear the engine apart. But extra opinions are always helpful. I've got a $1000 max budget and I'd like to drop a few tenths off the 1/4 mile without loosing my drivability or butchering my mpg.... so the question is, what should i do next?

• Sponsors (?)

Well.... With a thousand bucks I guess N2O2 would be the most "bang for buck" initally until you start refilling the bottle over and over. Do you have upgraded rear control arms they'd help w your launch and might shave a lil time off. I'm waiting for someone else to chime in bout the cam, I'm not sure how much time itd knock off w gt40's but it wouldn't be near the hp gain of a shot of nitrous. You could port your lower intake mani or have somone do it. tmoss porting does alot of e7 a d gt40 manifolds itll run you bout $200. Really a better set of heads or forced induction is what stangs are lacking to get em to run a "respectable" time. I'm not ragging on your ride I'm in your boat as well, maybe a tad slower

Last edited:
I think this winter might be a car fresh up and just save some cash for bigger stuff next year. I think my best plan right now migh be driver practice. Or maybe a smaller soot of nitrous since is a daily driver in summer and can't afford a total motor or tranny build to handle a big shot

I think this winter might be a car fresh up and just save some cash for bigger stuff next year. I think my best plan right now migh be driver practice. Or maybe a smaller soot of nitrous since is a daily driver in summer and can't afford a total motor or tranny build to handle a big shot
That's a pretty smart plan. You can nickel-and-dime your way through $1k pretty easily and have added nothing but a little bling and a few tenths if you're lucky. If your long-term goal is speed, save up the funds to do something like H-C-I or forced induction which will really put a smile on your face and have you running respectably against the Coyotes.

Reactions: 1 user