PLEAE READ BEFORE POSTING IN CLASSIFIEDS

joe4

Jan 17, 2003
I just wanted to warn people of the money order scam that is going on. I have received it twice now. Basically someone contacts you, and the e-mail looks something like this:

A/C Compressor

Hello,
I was fortunate to spot your advert on the net and I like to know if
it is still availabe forsale.If available,please get back to me with
the following enquiries:

Are you the first owner?

Any accident........

Last price....?

Present condition..........

Pics.........

Where are you based....... ???
It will be something like that, then they want to send you money orders that are way over the price of the item. And they will want you to take your payment out, and send the rest of the money to a shipping company via Western union. Well once you send the money, and after about 2 to 3 weeks, the bank calls, and lets you knw that the money orders are counterfeit. And you are out the money that you sent the people plus usually an overdraft fee. These money orders are good, and hard to tell real from fake. So please be careful, as I said, I have received 2 or 3 of these e-mails, and actually went as far as having them send me the money order, and sure enough they were fake. Luckily I had heard about the scam so I investigated it. IF you would lik emore info on it, just google "money order scams" They will also have pretty much the exact e-mails to watch out for. I just felt like i should help someone out, and warn everyone. Please let everyone that you know, who deals on these sites, to be careful and watch out for them.

• Sponsors (?)

they are doing the same thing at petfinder.com, same scam, different questions but the format is the same. Did some research on it and most of these scams are originating from Nigeria and surrounding countries

Yeah, I had the scammer guy, actually call me on my phone to make sure that I deposited that money orders. I hung up on him, cause I couldn't understand what he was saying.