• Community Forums
  • The Welcome Wagon

Please Help 2013 GT 5.0

  • Thread starter Thread starter LarryA
  • Start date Start date May 17, 2020
L

LarryA

New Member
May 16, 2020
3
0
1
Toledo, WA
May 17, 2020
#1
  • May 17, 2020
  • #1
Just added a pro-charger to my 2013 5.0 mustang, but I noticed low end torque is not what it was before with the CAI and tune. I just loved the pull factor at lower speeds. I like the procharger power, but I am running 3.73s and have thought about, based on other threads of going to 4:10 gears. It seems like I really need to rev up the rpms to get a good launch. I don't drag race or do tire shredding burnouts, but I do like to be able to squeal the tires now and then. My car is not a daily driver and only has 22K. I run 2200 rpms at 70mph and enjoy the relative good gas mileage of 24mph, if I keep my foot off the laugh pedal. But mileage is not an issue per say. I just don't want to open up another can of worms with 4:10s, i.e., drive-ability, higher rpms, and running temperatures; if that is a real issue. All pro and con opinions would be greatly appreciated. My suspension and driveshaft have been updated, but still have the MT82 manual 6 speed.
 
Last edited: May 18, 2020
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

C
Electrical HELP! 1989 5.0 Stick, Voltage Bleed onto Ignition Trigger wire
  • ChickenDeluxe
  • May 14, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
7
Views
319
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech May 24, 2026
ChickenDeluxe
C
W
Speedometer and shifting issues
  • wyatt-tetro891
  • Aug 17, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
6
Views
214
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 18, 2026
wyatt-tetro891
W
A
1987 5.0 speed density Foxbody crank no start
  • Alan2204
  • May 23, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
10
Views
458
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech May 30, 2026
Mcmahst
F
Fox 1990 Mustang GT 5.0 A9L – Engine suddenly shuts off but immediately restarts when key turned
  • FishermansFriend
  • Aug 9, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
16
Views
531
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 30, 2026
General karthief
5
Hello Everyone !
  • 5150K
  • Jul 3, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
0
Views
138
The Welcome Wagon Jul 3, 2026
5150K
5
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Community Forums
  • The Welcome Wagon
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?