Please HELP! 92 5.0 Bucking once warm

BobW

Jun 11, 2011
Ok here we go,

For the past 2-3 weeks my 5.0 Mustang has had a weird drivabilty issue. When the engine is cold it runs totally normal for about 15 minutes, once the engine get warm the idle will get progressively worse and the car will run EXTREMELY rough past 2000rpm, and the tach is very bouncy. When you drive it and you try to go past 2000rpm it feels like a bucking bronco.

We have replaced the Ign. module, plug wires, cleaned the cap and rotor, tried a difference MAF. The problem continues, before throwing anymore parts at it I though it would be a good idea to ask if anyone has experienced these symptoms before. I pulled codes 94 & 44 which relate to the secondary air system so I dont think they are relevant.

Let me know what you guys think. BTW the car only has a BBK intake, edelbrock intake manifold, and an exhaust. Fuel and ignition are stock.

Thanks for the help, Bob

• Sponsors (?)

Where does the BBK CAI pick up the air from - the fender well or inside the engine compartment?

See the "Surging Idle Checklist for help with all your idle/stall problems.

The quick and easy way to dump the codes is in there too, and all you need to do it is a paper clip! The first two posts contain all the updates to the fixes. At last count there were 24 possible causes and fixes for surging idle/stall problems. I continue to update it as more people post fixes or ask questions.