please help aeromotive fuel rails

Porkysn95

Mar 2, 2009
hello
i have been looking for a solution on how to fix my problem i bought a whole Areomotive fuel system for my sn95 and i am hitting the distributor with the fuel rails
i read how u can notch it to make it fit but i cant find any thing specific

any help would be appreciated

• Sponsors (?)

Why would foxbody guys know the problems the SN95 cars have?

You don't need to post 2 threads of the same thing.

And the search button works wonders.

Common sense helps out alot. If something is hitting something then do something to make it not hit.

well to start with this is 5.0 tech not fox body

second off i checked this site and alot more to find alot of people saying they changed to a msd distributor or notch the factory one but yet i have been un able to find any thing specific on how much they notched it

so as far as common sense isn't it a 5.0 in a fox ? hmm and if im correct its a 5.0 in a 95 also isn't it ?

so as far as common sense isn't it a 5.0 in a fox ? hmm and if im correct its a 5.0 in a 95 also isn't it ?

When I said common sense I meant more along the lines of this...

"Hey, that is touching that. How can I solve this? Can I put a dent in something maybe? No... What if I grind alittle off this, would that work? Hmmmm.... Well maybe if I move this some.... "

Problem solving skills are very handy to have when working on a car that you are changing things from stock.

When I said common sense I meant more along the lines of this...

"Hey, that is touching that. How can I solve this? Can I put a dent in something maybe? No... What if I grind alittle off this, would that work? Hmmmm.... Well maybe if I move this some.... "

Problem solving skills are very handy to have when working on a car that you are changing things from stock.

if you have nothing to add, then don't comment.

the small cap MSD is an option, but i believe it's only mechanical advance. or another option would be trying to cut the fuel rail back some and adding a 45* angle fitting or you could try to sell the aeromotive rails and use some from behind bars race cars, which have that 45* angle already.

Custom Fuel Systems & Components, Turbo Installations, Race Car Chassis & Suspension - BBRC

if you have nothing to add, then don't comment.

the small cap MSD is an option, but i believe it's only mechanical advance. or another option would be trying to cut the fuel rail back some and adding a 45* angle fitting or you could try to sell the aeromotive rails and use some from behind bars race cars, which have that 45* angle already.

Custom Fuel Systems & Components, Turbo Installations, Race Car Chassis & Suspension - BBRC

I answered all his questions and pointed out what he was doing wrong in the same thread thats in the correct part of the forum. :Zip2:

And BBR no longer makes fuel rails.

I answered all his questions and pointed out what he was doing wrong in the same thread thats in the correct part of the forum. :Zip2:

And BBR no longer makes fuel rails.

that's odd they're still listed on their website. Oh yea, sarcasm solved all of his problems. "let's get out a hammer and bang on the distributor." real bright. my reply to everything on this forum, from now on, will be "use common sense."

Back to the problem...I had the same issue; tried the small diameter msd distributor but found out it was unsuable as someone noted above (even though summit/jegs had it listed as a 94/95 distributor). I ended up cutting a 45 degree piece out of the end of the fuel rail (a Mallorey rail) and using Dura Fix (Dura Fix Aluminum Welding Aluminum Brazing Aluminum Soldering & Repair Rod) to weld an aluminum cover on the modified end. It was a pain in the butt getting the Dure Fix technique down; but I finally got it right and it works well.

Others have said there is a company that has fuel rails specific for sn95s. Try a search in the 94/95 forum.

Good luck.

And I called BBR about 2 months ago and he said he hasn't made those fuel rails in a long time.

Interesting.............I just got a set of those fuel rails from BBRC about 1 month ago
and he said it would be at least 6 weeks before he would make any more sets. I said great! I will call in 6 weeks and order 2 more sets of fuel rails, and he said o.k. Now I will admit that it took me 6 months of pestering him to get that 1 set, but I had to have them as there was no other solution besides .........hitting the distributor with a hammer!:rlaugh: Just kidding! I am glad I scoured that set of fuel rails because they are the answer to the problem. You will have to clearance the passenger side one to clear the metal coolant tube tho.

Interesting.............I just got a set of those fuel rails from BBRC about 1 month ago
and he said it would be at least 6 weeks before he would make any more sets. I said great! I will call in 6 weeks and order 2 more sets of fuel rails, and he said o.k. Now I will admit that it took me 6 months of pestering him to get that 1 set, but I had to have them as there was no other solution besides .........hitting the distributor with a hammer!:rlaugh: Just kidding! I am glad I scoured that set of fuel rails because they are the answer to the problem. You will have to clearance the passenger side one to clear the metal coolant tube tho.

Damnit, I would love a set of those fuel rails! I got my UPR ones to clear but I don't like the design of those fuel rails at all. I'd like some "straight through on both sides" ones. Let me know when you get the other ones and I'll buy a set from you. PM me the price when you get them. ;)