Please help me determine what these wires are for :)

Busted07

I need my gorilla to be about an inch longer.
Nov 15, 2005
These are all on the drivers side harness.. i dont know what they are, or if i need them (swictehd to carb) so any help would be appreciated.

View attachment 385330

View attachment 385331

View attachment 385332

This is the line to the power steering pump... what is that little washer / o-ring lookin thing on the end? Is it easy to get a replacement, or should i just get a new power steering line?

View attachment 385333

What the hell is this thing? It is inside the drivers side fender, right behind where the 5.0 emblem is. it has 2 lines coming off of it... 1 that looks like a vacuum hose, and one that looks like that convoluted wire harnes tubing... :shrug: I have called a bunch of mustang friends, and none of them know what it is.. its shielded behind some wierd rubber boot lookin thing.

View attachment 385334

• Sponsors (?)

List the wire colors with tracer stripe and I will try to help you.

There is a teflon washer that serves to help make a leak proof seal on the threaded part of the power steering fitting. I am guessing that is what you are asking about. I think that it is an auto parts store item. The power steering hose pressure fitting uses a 5/16" O ring. O rings can be bought at the local auto parts store.

The last item is probably the carbon canister that vents the gas tank.

List the wire colors with tracer stripe and I will try to help you.

There is a teflon washer that serves to help make a leak proof seal on the threaded part of the power steering fitting. I am guessing that is what you are asking about. I think that it is an auto parts store item. The power steering hose pressure fitting uses a 5/16" O ring. O rings can be bought at the local auto parts store.

The last item is probably the carbon canister that vents the gas tank.

Ill get the wire colors this weekend, i appreciate that!

The last thing is on the drivers side, i thought the carbon canister was rectangular and on the passenger side :shrug: This thing is more round in shape.

Year of car would help. Also a head on shot of the other connectors showing pin configuration and connector shape.

Pic #3 looks like the windshield washer pump connector.
Pic #2 - if the little grey connector has two black & white wires it's probably the windshield washer pump test connector.