Please Help me Identify this Hubcap

V6MustangChick

Jul 25, 2004
After taking my car to Les Schwab for a new set of tires I noticed that one of my hub caps was missing. They said that it wasn't there and that it was probobly stolen while it was parked in a parking lot :notnice: I removed one of them to give to the parts guy at the ford dealership and left it with him so he could try and find a match. Then the other two were stolen off of my car parked in front of my house. After going back to the Ford Dealership they told me that the hub cap was custom made and I was out of luck :( So now I have one hubcap.. Does anyone else have these wheels? Was the Ford guy lying?

wheel.jpg

cap.jpg

cap_back.jpg

Any help would be awesome. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

V6MustangChick:

Not trying to souund sarcastic or anything, but the MADE IN TAIWAN stamp right below the 10048 in the last picture seems to rule out "custom made". I only see MADE IN TAIWAN on mass made stuff. I would recommend that you go to another dealer and see if they can find it. Maybe that 10048 can help them find a match? The first dealer may have just been lazy or had bad customer service skills. Other than that I'm afraid I cannot offer much help. Good luck.

you might want to look into getting rims with out hubcaps and putting a locking lug set on there if your not careful next time you go out to your car your rims might be gone...

i also dont mean to sound like a jerk either, but you might want to look into getting some other hubcaps, given you only have 1 you could easily repzace them with any other 15 or 16 inch, whatever it is, hubcap from ford or w/e
if she got new rims, she would prolly want them to be that same size, considering she JUST BOUGHT new tires, lol, or you can seell the whole kit-n-kaboodle and buy some hot new bullet rims like me (or, depending where u live, use those stock rims (mine were alloy =D) for your winter tires to be mounted upon.

I looked around and found this info.........
I believe that your wheels were polished by someone and that your stock cap would look something like this

http://secure.50resto.com/product1.cfm?SID=1&Product_ID=2695&Category_ID=82

I am not sure but this one may (AND I STRESS MAY!!) fit, since it is made for 16" wheels, and I believe yours are 16" also.

http://secure.50resto.com/product1.cfm?SID=1&Product_ID=1252&Category_ID=82

But, personally, I would follow what the others have said. Sell your current wheels and tires and get some better goods. It will be less trouble now and in the future, not to mention different wheels will really set your car off better. Good luck.

Buying new wheels and tires is big step for people who don't see the point in dumping money into a V6 Mustang. Our cars DO NOT hold their value, and when the '05 comes out, it's gonna get much worse. I mean, if you think '94-'98's are dirt cheap, we're all seriously screwed when September rolls around.

That said, replacing the hubcaps doesn't seem like a bad idea. But unless those came on a special edition Mustang, the Ford guy wasn't lying, they're not an OEM part. If they were they'd have a Ford part # on them that he could look up. But I pretty sure the 15x7 wheel never came polished from the factory.

If you can't find replacements in the aftermarket, the only thing I can think of is try to find out if the hubcaps for the 16x7.5 wheels(standard on all '02+ 3.8's) is the same diameter as the ones for your 15x7's. If it's a perfect match, you could order a set from the Pony Package. Those had polished 16x7.5's, and are the only polished V6 wheels with hubcaps I can think of. You'll lose the horse, but they do have the exposed lug-nut look which might actually look better.

This is probably the way to go if you want to save money without the car looking too ghetto. :shrug: Definately what I would try.

about the taiwan part, arent like, most of are parts built, or assembled in messico or sumthing? maybe im wrong, and i think those arent oem, or arent OEM center caps... seriousely who steals HUB CAPS? unless there is another mustang out there with those rare polished wheels wut good is one or two of them!!!!!!?????? man, thats ghetto...

Ghostalker said:
unless there is another mustang out there with those rare polished wheels wut good is one or two of them!!!!!!?????? man, thats ghetto...

:rlaugh: I didn't even think about that aspect of it.

What's real ghetto is someone stole my valve stem caps because they were chrome. I didn't ask for them, the guy's at Sears just put them on, and I had them for a week(I work in a mall in Orlando[if you know anything about our wonderful melting pot here]). I just put black one's on and no one's touched those for weeks. But my dad said the chrome one's are only like $4 at Wal-Mart or someplace. That's REAL ****ing ghetto. Someone risked messing with someone else's car and possibly getting their ass kicked for $4. WTF?!! :shrug:

lol, i got nice chrome stem caps from the guys at town fair tire when i got my new tires, balanced and put on my car and everything, because i was with my dad, and he installs all their machines, lol. i likve them, they go with the look of my car, lol. all my billet alum inside 0_0 =D

Ghetto...

Speaking of which, when I was doing drywall work many moons ago, I was doing a job in the "really good part of town." Some dumb@$$ stole all the copper pipes out of the building. They sell for $.01/inch. :nonono:

[QUOTE='66 coupe]:rlaugh: I didn't even think about that aspect of it.

What's real ghetto is someone stole my valve stem caps because they were chrome. I didn't ask for them, the guy's at Sears just put them on, and I had them for a week(I work in a mall in Orlando[if you know anything about our wonderful melting pot here]). I just put black one's on and no one's touched those for weeks. But my dad said the chrome one's are only like $4 at Wal-Mart or someplace. That's REAL ****ing ghetto. Someone risked messing with someone else's car and possibly getting their ass kicked for $4. WTF?!! :shrug:[/QUOTE]

you know what's even worse? somebody stole ONE cap off of mine... wtf??:shrug:

i bought a mustang emblem to put on the rear of my car and some idiot stole it off of it. I remember cause it was there for a week when i came back to my car from my job I looked and it was missing! I knew it was there b4 because it's really hard to miss and it was obvious of someone trying to steal it, funny thing is i got it for a $1 lol. Probably some mexican dude that thought it was "priceless"....

you guys seem to hang out with your dads alot... when i got new tires they put on crome valve stems just cus they saw i had chrome valve stem covers on... aint that nice...

also about the bug zapper idea it's not a bad idea just it would prolly fry your computer/electronics :nonono: best way to keep form getting rims stolen is get those locking lugs that you need the key to get off...

97v6Silver said:
also about the bug zapper idea it's not a bad idea just it would prolly fry your computer/electronics :nonono: best way to keep form getting rims stolen is get those locking lugs that you need the key to get off...

I don't think he was concerned about the car.
I think the goal is to rid our society of the scumbags that have nothing good to contribute. I'm fer it. :uzi: (why does this say :"uzi":, when the smilie guy has an AK?)

doc4444 said:
V6MustangChick:

Not trying to souund sarcastic or anything, but the MADE IN TAIWAN stamp right below the 10048 in the last picture seems to rule out "custom made".QUOTE]

I think what he meant by custom made was that someone attatched those emblems on there. I think he said the emblems were from a old school mustang. The thing that throws me off is that the casting marks on the hubcap have no "chrome" on them, which suggests that they were "chromed" while in production. Even if I could just find something that will fit and is chrome I will be happy. I'll look into the sizes on the ones mentioned in the thread. Thanks for all the help guys.

V6MustangChick said:
After taking my car to Les Schwab for a new set of tires I noticed that one of my hub caps was missing. They said that it wasn't there and that it was probobly stolen while it was parked in a parking lot :notnice: I removed one of them to give to the parts guy at the ford dealership and left it with him so he could try and find a match. Then the other two were stolen off of my car parked in front of my house. After going back to the Ford Dealership they told me that the hub cap was custom made and I was out of luck :( So now I have one hubcap.. Does anyone else have these wheels? Was the Ford guy lying?

wheel.jpg

cap.jpg

cap_back.jpg

Any help would be awesome. Thanks
*cough* centercap, not hubcap *cough* . i'm such an ass sometimes...