Please Help, Problem with Spec Stage 2(Pics NO 56K)

JT87NAT

May 16, 2005
I posted earlier about my friends car he just bought with a Spec Stage 2 clutch and pressure plate, along with a new flywheel. For some reason the clutch slips at higher rpms and only has 1200 miles on it. I was wondering if there is any way this adjustment screw that is attached to the clutch fork could cause the clutch not to be fully engaged when the clutch pedal is all the way out? Any help would be greatly appreciated, I will probably pull the tranny anyways just to be sure but I would like to rule out the adjustment screw as the problem. Is this screw just for adjustment of the clutch pedal and not the actual clutch engagment?
Here are some pics of the adjustment screw:

View attachment 514337

View attachment 514339

• Sponsors (?)

Of course it can, that is an adjustable clutch cable. Pull the fork until it is tight, or almost engages the clutch, then tighten that bad boy down. Problem solved.

If the clutch is slipping on you, and you think that it is caused by a misadjusted cable, then you must loosen the cable to sovle the problem.

Push or pull on the cable inbetween the bellhousing and clutch fork to see how much deflection or play is in it. If there is no play and you have trouble pushing or pulling the cable loosen it. If there is already play in the cable, then cable misadjustment is not your problem.
Mario

86T-Top said:
If the clutch is slipping on you, and you think that it is caused by a misadjusted cable, then you must loosen the cable to sovle the problem.

Push or pull on the cable inbetween the bellhousing and clutch fork to see how much deflection or play is in it. If there is no play and you have trouble pushing or pulling the cable loosen it. If there is already play in the cable, then cable misadjustment is not your problem.
Mario

Thanks for the replies, I am just going to pull the tranny anyways to check it out. Later.