Please review Ford Racing Handling Package

eric n

Founding Member
Jul 14, 2001
Bakersfield, CA
Since some even very careful posters have been grenading their 05's (and I know there are many who are running safely) I've decided against making my car an ultra high hp beast (NO BLOWER). I'm just looking at around 300 n/a rwhp and outstanding handling.

I'm considering the ford racing handling package this summer also eibach has a pro-system-plus kit which doesn't include a strut tower brace. I already have eibach springs, but eitherway I'll probably kick those to a buddy who also has an 05.

Which of these two would provide most improved handling??? Would they negatively affect launch? Would the addition of Lower/Upper Control Arms be a benefit?

What I and I assume many of you are looking for is a quick little ride that is High 12's to low 13's with really solid handling and reasonable dependability?

What Say You?

• Sponsors (?)

Although the Panhard bar is not really a requirement, it is a good idea. When lowering the car it can pull the rear end to one side. The adjustable panhard bar makes sense, although I really don't see a reason for a non-adjustable bar.

BMR Fabrication makes some great products, the Adjustable Lower "Street" Control Arms, Adjustable Upper Control Arms w/spherical bearing, Tubular Adjustable Panhard Rod and upper support. I have heard nothing but good things about BMR from member of this site and many other sites as well.

Here are some notes on the installation:

Lower Control Arms
Installation:
1. Lift vehicle and support with jack stands under frame rails.
2. Using the 19mm wrench, remove all 4 sway bar bolts and remove sway bar.
3. Using the 21mm wrenches, remove both bolts from one control arm and remove arm. Clean and lube the bushing mounting surfaces. Lube the outside of the poly bushings and install the new control arm. Do not tighten bolts. Repeat this step for the other side.
4. Once both new control arms are installed and bolts are finger tight, load the rear suspension by placing the jack stands under the axle. This is required to properly load the bushings before tightening the mounting bolts. Tighten bolts to 85-90 ft/lbs.
5. Using a grease gun, lube all fittings (rubber bushings do not require lube). Lower car.

Upper Control Arms
Installation:
1. Lift vehicle and support with jack stands under frame rails.
2. Using the 19mm wrench, unbolt both bottom shock mounts. Using jack, lower the rear end being careful not to damage the rubber brake line.
3. Using the 10mm wrench, remove the differential vent line bracket that attaches to the upper left control arm.
4. Using the 21mm wrenches, remove the front bolts on the upper control arms. Using the 18mm wrenches, remove the rear bolts. Remove both control arms.
5. If you are using the polyurethane differential bushings, spray the factory bushings with penetrating oil and drive them out with a hammer or air punch (Some cars may require professional installation for this bushing but most will come out with a little patience). Once the bushings are out, clean and lube the bushing holes and drive the new bushings into place.
6. Install the new upper control arms and leave bolts finger tight. If using the adjustable control arms, adjust them to the factory length, using the factory control arms as a guide. Once adjusted to the proper length, tighten the adjuster jam nuts.
7. Lift rear end, attach lower shock bolts and tighten.
8. Support car by rear end to properly load the bushings and tighten all bolts.
9. Using a grease gun, lube all fittings (rubber bushings do not require lube). Lower car.