.....please

ok well im want to do a compression test tonight....i would like a couple things if you guys have the resources. 1. i took off my distributor to get to the water pump....the car is tuned thought..how do i get taht back in the proper way. 2.) any web pages of links on what the compression gauge should read....i have never done this before...any help you guys can give woulde be GREAT!!

• Sponsors (?)

Yes...should be easy...pull out No.1 spark plug...rotate engine (someone in car with keys or whatever) stick your finger (honestly) down over plug hole No.1. Now bump the engine until you get No. 1 piston up to top dead center (it's highest point of travel) on the COMPRESSION stroke (that's where your finger comes in, you WILL know when it's on it's compression stroke) with the distributor rotor/sensor window pointing at No.1 terminal, slip, wiggle, slightly twist and turn and the distributor should drop right in! A little trick is to bump the starter motor slightly to get it in if it's difficult to align and doesn't drop in.

Hope this helps and hope you can still do it this way on a 94 5.0.

thanz

man to be honost with you, im not going to do a compression test. The reason being that i have many parts already off the motor. A compression test isnt going to tell me what or where the leak is coming from. So i am simply going to replace the head gaskets and the water pump, and the radiator cap. In the process of doing the head gaskets the lower intake manifold gasket will be replaced also. The leak is coming from the lower or the heads, so im just going to dig in, replace and hopefully it buttons things up. I appreciate the help guys. This site is by fare a lifesavor. I love my cobra more than life itself..i know its sick....its my baby.....plus she just dusted a Z06...so my love level just climbed up higher.... :flag: