Police Interceptor?

Sinisfun

Nov 23, 2004
Canada
Last night I was driving through town and I pulled up to what I thought was a normal Mustang GT (4.6L). It looked to be about 2003-2004 model. When I was sitting behind him at the light I noticed that he had no GT badge, but in it's place was a small plaque that said "Police Interceptor". I've never heard of one of these and I've been really curious as to whether it was legit or he was just a poseur.

Thanks.

Not sure about that, but here in Florida by 02, the FHP was using LS1's, the last Mustang was like a 89 or so.

They made one prototype of a PI in '03 I think. I've seen the picture floating around online. It's a 32-Valve 4.6 like the Cobra. It's got 2.73's I think. What wheels were on it? The picture I saw had some wider Crown Vic-esque black steel wheels with silver center caps. The car was also wingless.

**I just found the some pictures.
I found some pictures of what looks like a REAL car, not a prototype. The PI badge looks to be under the Ford logo in the back, not in place of the GT badge, and under the GT badge on the sides.

"Police Options"
-Heavy duty battery
-4-225/60/16 size RS-A + the brand new police tire developed for the Crown Victoria
-4 Heavy duty Bilstein shocks
-Engine oil cooler
-Transmission oil cooler

Who else thinks those wheels make that GT badass? I do.

Good man, I live about a 30 minute drive from THE freakin DSM tuning capitol of the world, Mach V Motorsports. Ohhhh the saturday mornings sittin next to the dyno listening to the beatiful music of the 4g63/4's and 420a's, and the sexy sexy whistle of the blowoff. Hehehe

Gotta love the DSM's

I'd love to find me one of them DSM's in nice shape...but they're rare