popping noise in the front end

i remember seeing a thread about this but dont remember how the person said they fixed it. i have a 94 cobra that has been lowered and makes a popping noise in the front end everytime i hit the brakes to come up to a stop, also pops sometimes when i hit bumps on the road. we put this thing on a lift and checked balljoints, tierods, brake calipers, etc, but could not find anything that was loose, has anyone else had this problem and know how to fix it?

• Sponsors (?)

I have this problem. Turns out the lower spring coil snapped on the end of the bottom side of the drivers side. My suspension is stock so this may not be your problem. I have read up on this tremendously, it turns out that several people on this site have tightened the K-Member Brace and solved their klunking problem. So check this out first. Get a long breaker bar/socket wrench, get under your car-look for a "rod" extending from the rear of your K-Member-thats the K-Member Brace. Use your e-longated socket wrench to tighten the bolts up then take 'er for a ride.

This solved several members klunking problems, I hope it solves yours.
Good Luck,
-fawcett