popping noise?

DKVL

Oct 12, 2008
Sometimes I hear a poping noise when I start my 02GT.

Here are the conditions (not always reproducible and pretty much occurs at random):

Cold Start/Warm Start:
1. Turn ignition.

2. Warming for the first 3-5 minutes.

3. A mild audible pop coming from either underneath the car or in the engine compartment. When the pop occurs, I can feel the vibration generated in the process on the floorboard. The popping sound happens once and that is it.

The frequency this occuring is probably once per week to once every two weeks and it does occur at random.

Sometimes I have the A/C on and sometimes I don't when the pop occurs. I recently got my freons recharged about a month ago and can this have something to do with it?

What can be causing the poping noise?

• Sponsors (?)

It does sound like an ignition system problem to me also. Check or change the plugs. Make sure they are properly torqued to spec which is 13 ft. lbs. Do not remove any plugs without first blowing out the spark plug well with air.

I think i know what your talking about. Im not 100% on this but it should be fine. I also don't know what causes it but every other stang i've heared does it. It may just be the a/c or you fan kicking on. If you could post a vid of it doing it that would help out a lot.

Thanks everyone. i am not sure what the sounds is being caused by.

At the same time, i am a bit worried.

I will try to get a video or at least an audio when i can.