Ported PI heads or aftermarket?

01saleenkid144

Feb 25, 2006
Just wondering what everyone thought?? Im in the process of building a motor for my car and was just wondering if I should just port and polish the PI heads on my car or get a set of aftermarket?? I will be running a procharger p1sc-2 and will have a built shortblock, blower cams, etc. My goal is to get around 600 rwhp. What Im wondering is will ported PI heads get me there or will the heads need to be replaced??

• Sponsors (?)

so basically the fox lake stg 2 heads are no better than my heads with a port and polish/?

That does not mean they are bad heads. The OEM ford casting is not bad once they are worked. If the bore was larger on these motors we would see more true aftermarket big valve heads but we are forced to run very small valves due to the tiny bore. Go take a look at the big 5.0 heads out there, all of them run 2.02-2.08 valves compared to 1.84 or so the intake side in ours. The 4v motors don't suffer from this as much so if ultimate power reguardless of cost is your goal I would swap in a big bore 4v with worked heads.

Im hoping for 600rwhp on pump, but that might be a little high. The motor is being almost totally swapped out. Forged block, fox lake stg 2 heads, blower cams, procharger p1sc-2, p-51 intake. Thats the major things. Id be happy with anything over 550. Anyone know what I could get for my stock motor??

Im hoping for 600rwhp on pump, but that might be a little high. The motor is being almost totally swapped out. Forged block, fox lake stg 2 heads, blower cams, procharger p1sc-2, p-51 intake. Thats the major things. Id be happy with anything over 550. Anyone know what I could get for my stock motor??

Exactly what i got to but i have turbo cams and turbonetics T70 and ported PI heads, but i dont know what intake manifold to get i was either gona get the p51 or the reichard racing one let me know how you like yours when its done. But you probly wont get your stock motor back due the fact you will need a core exchange. Water Meth is scary a guy in lubbock i know had a 10sec evo with a built motor he was on high boost and his meth pump went out and he screwed his motor up. I would stick with race gas man it would be alot safer. :nice:

I wouldnt do water/meth either there are too many things to worry about going wrong. I looked into it before I did my IC and saw alot of guys blowing there engines with it. It makes great power but can cause alot of problems.

centennial, what r u making for hp on ure car?? sounds like a nice setup. Ill let you know which intake i get. And looking at fox lakes web site, I see there is a $300 core for the heads, but the way I figure it is ill just pay the 2100(1800+300 core) and I figure I can get more for my pi heads than 300. Thats if I part the motor out. If not Ill just sell the whole motor. I never thought of the meth pump going out on me. Thats a scary thought with the money Im throwing at this motor. Maybe I should just go with a race tune and street tune.