• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech

Ported PI Heads

  • Thread starter Thread starter AhlStang
  • Start date Start date Dec 9, 2003

AhlStang

Founding Member
Nov 9, 2002
52
0
0
Burleson, TX
Dec 9, 2003
#1
  • Dec 9, 2003
  • #1
I know some of you have ported PI heads. Has anyone had a car dynoed to see what the power increase is? I have to pull my heads to get the back driver side spark plyg hole re-threaded because it stripped. While I have them off, I was planning on just getting them ported. I can get it done for $250 so I figured I would go ahead. But I was wondering about the performance gain.

I know the PI heads are already opened up quite a bit more that the older heads, so how much more can they actually be ported. Is it enough to make a noticable difference? Thanks...
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

J
Engine 4.6 Running rough at half throttle
  • jake411
  • Aug 3, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
4
Views
200
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Aug 4, 2026
jake411
J
A
Discussion on mild budget build/ top end
  • Acesario
  • Feb 21, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
20
Views
914
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Feb 23, 2026
General karthief
Cooling Jacket Pitting Idea's?
  • BoostedRed89gt
  • Aug 9, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
12
Views
264
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 17, 2026
Mustang5L5
1
Engine Motor swap from a 2003 Explorer
  • 1996mustang new
  • Oct 9, 2025
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
7
Views
757
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Oct 16, 2025
squeak93
M
1991 GT cigarette lighter/port not working (horn is working)
  • MartinM
  • Aug 29, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
4
Views
287
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 30, 2025
MartinM
M
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?