Possible blown head gasket

PeteyAce

Jul 2, 2004
i believe my brother blew his head gasket, he has got an 95 4 cyl probe. car over heats, leaks coolant, im not sure if there is much power loss being the car didnt have much to begin with, but the water and oil arent mixing. my question is, is it possible to blow a head gasket from having little or no oil in the car

• Sponsors (?)

hows hard is it to change the gasket, i know itll be a bitch with it being an ohc engine read up a little bit about it. biggest job i ever did has rebuidling of my rear and swaping the gears in it. wonder i can handle it..

I've done it on both the 2.0 and 2.5 Probes... it really isn't that bad. The rear head on the 2.5 is a bitch, but on that little 4 banger... everything is right in front of you :)
Good luck.

Yeah, I had a manual... but I can't recall whether it was Chilton or Haynes. If I find it I'll tell ya, lol. Anyway, I think any book should be plenty as long as you have some mechanic skills. If you have any issues, head on over to www.probetalk.com and post up a thread... :nice: It'll be fresh in someone's mind over there.