Possible blown head gasket?

gjbroder

May 17, 2008
Hello... Hoping to get some advice.... I think I did something really stupid today....

I have a 2000 GT... completely stock. I was supposed to get new tires on Monday and so I decided to have a little fun burning off the old rubber....I stomped on the gas, smoked the tires and next thing I knew, my coolant light came on.

The engine never did completely overheat as I added some coolant before I got it home. I limped it home and discovered leaking coolant mixed with what I think is oil.... OK... how much damage did I do.

Thanks for your responses.

these modulars almost NEVER blow a head gasket...I vote cracked manifold or you blew off the coolant hose on the back of the manifold that connects to the firewall. Good luck man

these modulars almost NEVER blow a head gasket...I vote cracked manifold or you blew off the coolant hose on the back of the manifold that connects to the firewall. Good luck man
+1, these engines almost never blow head gaskets. One guy "melted" his cylinder head under 28psi and the gaskets were still fine.

On a blown head gasket you don't just get a leak, the car sputters like a misfire, and the exhaust turns white/blue due to burnt coolant/oil. And oil would not be hard to find in the engine bay.

I agree, sounds like a busted intake manifold. Check the thermostat housing area.