Possible blown head gasket?

gjbroder

May 17, 2008
Hello... Hoping to get some advice.... I think I did something really stupid today....

I have a 2000 GT... completely stock. I was supposed to get new tires on Monday and so I decided to have a little fun burning off the old rubber....I stomped on the gas, smoked the tires and next thing I knew, my coolant light came on.

The engine never did completely overheat as I added some coolant before I got it home. I limped it home and discovered leaking coolant mixed with what I think is oil.... OK... how much damage did I do.

Thanks for your responses.

• Sponsors (?)

these modulars almost NEVER blow a head gasket...I vote cracked manifold or you blew off the coolant hose on the back of the manifold that connects to the firewall. Good luck man:nice:

these modulars almost NEVER blow a head gasket...I vote cracked manifold or you blew off the coolant hose on the back of the manifold that connects to the firewall. Good luck man:nice:
+1, these engines almost never blow head gaskets. One guy "melted" his cylinder head under 28psi and the gaskets were still fine.

On a blown head gasket you don't just get a leak, the car sputters like a misfire, and the exhaust turns white/blue due to burnt coolant/oil. And oil would not be hard to find in the engine bay.

I agree, sounds like a busted intake manifold. Check the thermostat housing area.