Possible blown motor??????

t3-svo

Apr 18, 2005
Mooresville NC
I ve had a problem with my car lately. It has been slowly smoking more and more. I thought it was running rich at first but as it smoked more i could tella definite color(sort of). The color smoke is a mix between blue and white. I think i may have blown a head gasket. It is also possible that it might be the valve guides or rings. Im going to hopefully do a compression test this afternoon to atleast try to figure out the problem. Anyone got any ideas on the situation as it is?

p.s. The car smokes more when i shift or when i get on the throttle in lower rpms. Also at idle it smokes pretty badly. :(

• Sponsors (?)

I did a compression test and all of the cylinders are at about 100psi. is that low? isnt it susposed to be like between 120-130 psi? Im gonna hopefully do a leak soen test on monday when i go back to school. im not gonna drive the car at all until then. but just incase im gonna do the head gasket this weekend. it probably needs it (possibly stock gasket!!!). so this is gonna eat up my labor day weekend.... im gonna check all of the seals in the head and visually inspect the pistons and the top rings when i take the head off. will update when i get done. thanks 88stangmangt for the tip.

If they are all near 100 then it doesn't need a headgasket. Don't waste your time or money because it won't fix a thing.

Is there oil on the spark plugs? It could just be a leaking turbo seal.

Is there oil on the spark plugs? It could just be a leaking turbo seal.[/QUOTE said:
that's what it sounds like to me. my car did the same thing when my turbo went out. check your throttle body for oil. if there is none than it could still be the turboleking out the hot side. when I pulled off my ic the cold side of the turbo was 1/3 full of oil.

well it turns out that there was a puddle of oil sitting in the turbo on the hot side. i felt up in the manifold and it was dry as can be. there is no oil on the plugs or in the cylinders themselves, thank god. so i sent the turbo off to garrett to have it either rebuilt or replaced since it is under warranty! a.k.a. all i have to pay for is shipping!!!