possible coolant leakage?

deadlast

Mar 30, 2005
Belmont, MA
yea so i just installed a new intake manifold, and after about 2 days of driving i got a low coolant light. now i did notice my left tailpipe had more than normal condensation in it, and my catch can for oil on the pcv line was gross... it looked like coffee so im guessing it was water, oil, some antifreeze?
does all this mean i am leaking coolant at the lower intake seal? if it does, is there any change in the cars performance?

• Sponsors (?)

deadlast said:

Mine is doing the same thing after the rebuild. The mechanic told me the water in the tail pipes was not anti-freeze (normal condenstation) and the coolant was coming from a crack in the water pump (which they replaced). They didn't find any coolant on the spark plugs either. I was concerned about the water in the pipes. It is the same as you described, it is dirty black but doesn't smell like anti-freeze. Happens everytime I start the car after it has had about 15 minutes to cool down. It never did that before the rebuild (heads, cam and intake)

66mustang93 said:
Mine is doing the same thing after the rebuild. The mechanic told me the water in the tail pipes was not anti-freeze (normal condenstation) and the coolant was coming from a crack in the water pump (which they replaced). They didn't find any coolant on the spark plugs either. I was concerned about the water in the pipes. It is the same as you described, it is dirty black but doesn't smell like anti-freeze. Happens everytime I start the car after it has had about 15 minutes to cool down. It never did that before the rebuild (heads, cam and intake)

im just worried that my catch can inline of the pcv is catching so much liquid