possible engine damage?

saleen556

Dec 2, 2003
Hillsboro,OR
Ford messed up my tune on my saleen s281sc.I believe they flashed the ecm with a stock gt tune.They are in the process of having saleen reflash it now.I need to find out what tests i should have them do before i take possesion of the car.I don't want to have any hassles when i get it back.

• Sponsors (?)

saleen556 said:
Ford messed up my tune on my saleen s281sc.I believe they flashed the ecm with a stock gt tune.They are in the process of having saleen reflash it now.I need to find out what tests i should have them do before i take possesion of the car.I don't want to have any hassles when i get it back.

In your other post, it said you only drove it about a quarter mile. If you didn't get into boost, more than likely, there was no damage. I believe that with your larger injectors and the GT tune, would cause it to run really rich, which is much better than really lean. So at most, you might have fouled the plugs.

Let us know how it turns out...

I did not drive it at all after they screwed up the entire flash.They messed with the tune when i took it back for them to fix the ses light.I am not sure if they drove it or not.They are telling me there were several codes and one was for running LEAN.That's the one i am concerned about.This was at McKenzie ford a SVT dealer.They should know the difference between a SC tune and NA.