Possible Mark Viii transplant

ModularMonster

Nov 16, 2011
maine
So after cruising around the interwebs for some time, I'm leaning on the Lincoln Mark Viii swap into the stang. I have a 2002 GT. I've read alot of comments in various places about this swap being "Difficult", and some say "Easy". While some say its certainly worth doing, other say its a waste of time. What I'm seeking is some die hard facts about this. Is this really worth my time in the long/ short terms. The aluminum Teksid is certainly attractive, along with the DOHC/4V. However, supercharging the 2v certainly isnt out of the question. I suppose one major question I had in mind was, how hard is it to supercharge the Mark Viii engine as opposed to the 2V thats in the car. I'm interested to see if anyone has some solid info on this that could sway my decission. Thanks for your time.
Josh

• Sponsors (?)

It is way more expense and work than it is worth. Personally, I would stay 2v because there are a lot more components available and they are actually reasonably price. If I did anything with a the Mark VIII engine, I would take the bottom end and throw some PI heads, a nice cam and long tubes on.

I hear you. The PI heads off a cobra I'm assuming?. I would be interested in building a Cobra replica motor off of it though. I'd go forged internals and head work. I'd liek to build another motor soon anyways. I just cant justify 3k or so for an NA cobra with stock internals, and certainly dont wanna shell out 7-9g's for a terminator swap. Now, taking the Teksid block from the Mark Viii and dumping cash on internals, I'd be interested in for fun purposes. Who knows lol. I'm undecided.