Possible Solution To Shaker Skipping

(other than replacing the head unit)

I noticed that my Shaker 1000 skips on my burnt CDs and once in a while on my store bought CDs, but I think I see a pattern.
When I'm driving along listening to CD in slot 1, then switch to the burnt CD in slot 2 it doesn't skip. Then, if I park the car and turn off the engine and leave, then later come back and start the car and drive away, now that CD will start skipping. If you shuffle to another CD, let it load, then switch back to slot 2 it doesn't skip.
I had the exact same problem with a Kenwood 10 CD changer I installed in another car. If I started the car with a CD already playing it would skip over bumps, but if I switched to a different slot, then immediately back to the first slot the skipping stopped.

Anyone else notice this? I'm going to try to experiment a little more with it.

• Sponsors (?)

RetiredGeneral said:
(other than replacing the head unit)

I noticed that my Shaker 1000 skips on my burnt CDs and once in a while on my store bought CDs, but I think I see a pattern.
When I'm driving along listening to CD in slot 1, then switch to the burnt CD in slot 2 it doesn't skip. Then, if I park the car and turn off the engine and leave, then later come back and start the car and drive away, now that CD will start skipping. If you shuffle to another CD, let it load, then switch back to slot 2 it doesn't skip.
I had the exact same problem with a Kenwood 10 CD changer I installed in another car. If I started the car with a CD already playing it would skip over bumps, but if I switched to a different slot, then immediately back to the first slot the skipping stopped.

Anyone else notice this? I'm going to try to experiment a little more with it.
Ive had problems with mine since day one. Some brand new cds wont even play. Ford has always had problems with thier cd players. I would take it back for warranty, but im afraid thell look under the hood and see my blower.