Possible Soon To Be Fox Owner

Tubbster66

Advanced Member
Aug 5, 2017
Kitsap, WA
Hello all. I currently own a 1966 Mustang coupe. Lately I've been toying with the idea of selling it. I've recently installed FITech fuel injection and I love it, but something has been nagging me to own a fox. I could get enough from my 66 to buy a very nice fox, I think. My dream would be. 91-93 Calypso (PM) LX. It seems they are not easy to find, but I do love that color. Would prefer 5 speed and mostly original in great shape.

I have owned 2 '69 Coupes, a 98 GT and I currently own the '66. None have been a manual, but I do have a T5 ready to be swapped into the '66.

• Sponsors (?)

Here's a pic

Attachments

• IMG_2967.JPG
    IMG_2967.JPG
    590.9 KB · Views: 112
Reactions: 1 user
Welcome to Stangnet.

You have a very nice '66.

I'd try to talk you out of the change to a fox, but i'm a fox nut, sooo.......

Look around our '79-'95 subforums, that where the crazies hang out. Really smart crazies, mind you, but crazy nonetheless.:nice:

It's good to have you with us.

Welcome to Stangnet.

You have a very nice '66.

I'd try to talk you out of the change to a fox, but i'm a fox nut, sooo.......

Look around our '79-'95 subforums, that where the crazies hang out. Really smart crazies, mind you, but crazy nonetheless.:nice:

It's good to have you with us.
Thanks. It's just an idea I have right now. Not going to make a decision until after I drop my T5 in. May change how I feel about it. I do like the banter here, seems like other forums are getting too sensitive and no one can take a joke on the internet.

Yeah brother, no sht. It is fun here. Once you get used to who is who and their bs that they give, you realize most are really good guys with absolute craploads of mustang and general hot rodding knowledge.

I'm totally for the fox purchase myself, if it matters. With a fox, you don't have to worry so much about the purists.

I have an '83 t-top coupe. It's "rare" as far as fox bodies go. It won't be a concours restoration!:eek:

The other sites my be offended. Who cares? You have everything here from guys that are running low sevens in the quarter to guys that throw GM engines in their mustangs.

Last edited:
Ah yes the purists. I love it when someone tells me all the things that are not right. I let them speak their mind and tell them, "well good thing I didn't build it for you" and that usually ends it. My '66 is just a T code converted to V8.

If I do decide to get one, it'll have to be a relatively stock, unmodified car. I want to do the modifying myself, not undo what someone has already hacked up. Like I said before, I'd want a calypso LX. I know it's probably going to be quite the search.

I try not to take people negative comments seriously, it's hard to tell when you can't see their face how they really meant to sound.